Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Help Obfuscate Trojan and BDS Shiz

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 madpuck

madpuck

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:02 PM

I am operating Windows XP Pro on a Compaq Evo computer. Avira came installed on this computer. This is my kids computer and after using it last weekend I realized that Google search results were being redirected to bogus websites.

This prompted me to install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on Monday. Following installation my computer stalled during rebooting and then started to consistently reboot without opening Windows. There was a fatal system error c000021a and I finally was able to copy the necessary system32 files from the i386 folder from my windows cd. The computer then booted up into Windows however there were no shortcuts on my desktop, no taskbar and no start menu. I downloaded microTrend's housecall and ran it and it picked up nothing.

Next, I was able to start the Avira virus scan through task manager and it found a number of things which I have included the most recent below:

most recent scan --> contained a virus/malware or unwanted program 'BDS/Shiz.aqc.1' [backdoor]

During an earlier scan this afternoon --> contained a virus or unwanted program 'TR/Obfuscate.EK' [trojan]

During an earlier scan this afternoon -->contained a virus or unwanted program 'BDS/Spammy.LM' [backdoor]

This file was moved to quarantine within Avira. Earlier attempts to remove this file were unsuccessful by Avira and had said that it was attempting to perform action using ARK Library?

I have not rebooted by computer and am a little hesitant to do so at the moment. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

madpuck

Edited by madpuck, 29 December 2010 - 05:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dmonyita

dmonyita

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:14 AM

hello. please help me. i have the exact same problem. i hope that someone can help us solve our problem. thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users