Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from Gulfport Florida

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Buddha443556

Buddha443556

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:21 PM

Hi, I'm John from Gulfport Florida. I use to know a bit about computers. Now? Well, it comes and goes. I have a medical problem that causes brain inflammation. Know that old saying, "I've forgotten more that you'll ever know." Well, I'm still trying to figure out what's left and what to do with it.

I love computers. Even in my debilitate condition people still come to me for computer help. To give you an idea how long I've been messing with computers, one of my first books was "Learning assembly language : a guide for BASIC programmers". Assembly language was my first language though, BASIC was my second. There are a lot more computer languages lurk in here. Wrote a script in python the other day. Any day I can program is a good day for me. I also own a soldering iron with temperature control but doubt I'll ever be able to use if again or all those parts. Still know a what a capacitor is but no idea why I have so many. I'm just about ready for a new computer and a new purpose in life.

I've been lurking a while here and like what I've read. So, here I am.

Thanks you've all been a help already,
John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greenihawk

Greenihawk

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

Hello John, I am Sean from Gainesville, FL and I am new here as well. Hope to see you around here more!

#3 Buddha443556

Buddha443556
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

Gainesville!? O_o Doesn't almost make you a snow bird with this freakishly cold weather? Nice to meet you too, Sean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users