Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlok Express

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tommy Mac

Tommy Mac

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:37 PM

Trying to help a friend. Running Win XP home Outlook Express 6. When he goes to email the incoming mail is repeated 10 to 20 times. Some of the emails are new and some are older. Currently he has 27,592 in his inbox. I have ran Adaware, AVG came up clean. Read an older post as to how to uninstall outlook express should I do this? Then reinstall. Thanks in advace for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,841 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:03 PM

Tommy Mac,

First of all let me say welcome to Bleeping Computer. Is your friend running a firewall, and AV? And any information on where the email is being downloaded from, would help. Is the mail set to be deleted from the server, or is a copy left on the server? The more information you can give us. The more accurately we can address the problem.

Be (Multiple Email) Safe

Da Bleeping Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Tommy Mac

Tommy Mac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:47 PM

Animal thankyou for responding,
I have installed Zone Alarm free, and he has been using AVG, anti virus. I also installed Adaware from Lava soft.The email is downloaded from Comcast and they have not been of any help. As far as being deleted from the server that is something new to me. I would guess not since he receives some that are weeks old. Not aware of how to set that up to delete from the server. I was shocked to see that his inbox would list 27,000 + emails. Any other info I need to give let me know.
Thanks again
Tommy Mac

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users