Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dell inspiron 1525 left hinge is popped

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shashman

shashman

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:04 AM

Have a Dell inspiron 1525 on which the left hinge is popped, and now the lower part of the bezel also doesnt fit flush like it does on the right side. Also when I close the lid, there is a noticeable gap where the cover meets the bezel at the back of the laptop. Is there any way to fix this? I have already tightened the screws below the bezel and also the screw that goes through the left corner of the bezel and screws into the left corner of the cover. Are there some screws somewhere that I need to tighten, or is it something else?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LT Dan

LT Dan

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:31 AM

http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=5377
if ya need a new hinge, this seems to be common on that model,
if no new hinge needed try to "loosen up" surrounding screws, see what originally went loose
sometimes opening and closing on one side of panel weakens a side lets say
tighten up inside there much as you can, then from there surrounding screws, don't over tighten
if i'm off the mark here this doesn't help take her to a shop see what they say
good luck lt dan
Elvis has left the buidling...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users