Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus or major issue creating BSOD's.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ignyte

Ignyte

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:37 AM

So not too long ago my subscription for my AV ran out, (Mcafee 2010) and instead of renewing it, I decided to go with free protection again, (as i didnt pay for the subscription in the first place)
I went with Avast! free AV and Zone Alarm Firewall as a combo, I also got Threatfire for extra safety.

Pretty much right after I got rid of McAfee my computer has been Blue-screening quite frequently (up to 5 times a day) but ontop of that some of my software wont run, a message saying
"The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

Attempting to access most of the system menu's and tools will give me this message and not run.
Also attempting to install software sparks this message and halt's any progress.

I checked my windows update status and found out that the most recent security update 'KB2267621' trying to update anything fails, displaying an error code of 80070422
which according to microsoft is a virus thats disabled the AV software and updates.

Going into windows security I noticed that it was displaying a warning 'No Antivirus software is detected' which is odd considering I have Avast! running...

Restarting the computer in safe mode confirms that the AV software isnt running, despite saying that it is, trying to shut-down and restarting the software doesnt do anything and I cannot uninstall or reinstall anything.

Trying to revert from a backup doesnt work either... plus my weekly backups arent even available after anything older than a fortnight ago for some reason...

I've downloaded both SIW-All and Bluescreenview but none of them run, prompting that message to appear.

I'd like to format my computer and reinstall windows 7 as I have a legal Serial, but I have not .iso or disc...
What can one do in this situation?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users