Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

videos freeze my browser

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fleeroy

fleeroy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:54 PM

Whenever I try to watch a video on youtube or yahoo, it freezes my browser. It will not load any of the video, it imediately says that explorer is not responding. If I try to watch a dvd on my computer then it plays the dvd, but the sound does not work, in fact the sound does not work for anything. I have Norton 360 and I have ran full system scans and it finds no viruses. I did search in the recent history in Norton and it says a high severity intrusion was blocked, but the time it says that the intrution was blocked is the time ever since I have had the problems. This is what Norton says "An intrusion attempt by 75.126.159.176 was blocked. Application path \DEVICE\HARDISKVOLUME1\PROGRAM FILES\SAFARI\SAFARI.EXE". Thanks for any help.

Edited by hamluis, 29 December 2010 - 10:03 AM.
Moved from Audio/Video to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:18 AM

Flash could be corrupted. Use the uninstall tool at this link and then install a new copy.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:06 AM

If you are using the Safari browser...try uninstalling it and then resinstalling it.

Have you tried uninstalling, then reinstalling...your sound drivers?

Louis

#4 fleeroy

fleeroy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:53 PM

I uninstalled and then reinstalled adobe and that did not end up fixing it. When I saw that safari was in the description on Norton I just uninstalled it and use internet explorer and it freezes the browser on this as well, as well as on firefox. As far as unistalling my sound driver and then reinstalling it, I am pretty computer retarted and I do not know how to do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users