Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frequent Blue Screen Of Death (BSOF)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 pocket1982

pocket1982

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:42 PM

Good Morning/Afternoon

I've visited some sites which have given me the punch on the nose.

This has caused Blue screen of Death.

Before: The computer couldn't Turn on at all I put a windows 7 CD in and repaired the system file I believe. I also installed a Malwarbyte's Program (anti-Virus Program)quick scan Removed the 4 Virus's that were roaming around the computer done it in safe mode.
Then done a Full scan after that and found 2 Errors.
Now after that Still have BSOD. I checked my Ram sticks with Memtest86+ each individually. No problems There.
Also Updated Bios.
Reinstalled Graphic Driver.

BSOD says:

1. driverIRQL_not_less_or_Equal_
2. System Service Exception

I have several Dump Files For you.

Sorry for the inconviences I'm computer literate at times can I please have instruction on how to Attach Dump Files
I keep Getting "ERROR YOU AREN'T PERMITTED TO UPLOAD THIS KIND OF FILE"

My Dump file is something of 122919-32105-01.dmp (clear Icon)

Many thanks for your support and help I hope to resolve this simply I think it may be a software\driver that is conflicting. I don't believe this is a hardware issues fingers cross that it isn't.

Regards
Brad.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 pocket1982

pocket1982
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:14 PM

Thanks for that

I've moved over too the malware removal team. here is the link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic369926.html

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

Thank you :)

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#5 pocket1982

pocket1982
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:43 PM

I'm having trouble getting the DDS to work I go into safe mode and the blue screen of Death keeps interfering Any advice shall I try safe mode with command prompt what shall I type I put the file on the desktop.

Brad.

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:50 PM

That often means a rootkit, but you need to state your issues in your malware forum topic.
Run, what you can, and let them know what you can't run.

My Website

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:32 PM

You might also attempt to run an HJT log, in lieu of the DDS, if your system will allow. The DDS is preferred.

Louis

#8 pocket1982

pocket1982
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:15 PM

I've given up hope on this, I think the blue screen of death is the cause of a dying Hard drive shame I don't have another hard drive to test if it is that All I got is laptops.

Brad.

#9 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:26 PM

I think the blue screen of death is the cause of a dying Hard drive

I doubt it.

My Website

#10 pocket1982

pocket1982
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:09 PM

"You might also attempt to run an HJT log, in lieu of the DDS, if your system will allow. The DDS is preferred."

Can I please get a little more explanation here about how to go about this please I'll give it another shot since you doubt its the hard drive.

Brad.

#11 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:01 AM

Hello,

Simply go to your topic in the log forum and add a post stating what happens when you try to create the DDS logs. I will then merge the posts in that topic into one.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#12 pocket1982

pocket1982
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:45 AM

oh sorry my bad,

I mention in the other post that every time I start that program in safe mode or safe networking it Crashes with BSOD it never completes the test that it wants to do. I was wondering how I go about this.

Thanks again for your patients.

Brad,

#13 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:49 AM

Hello,

Since you apparently didn't understand what I wrote since you didn't do what I asked, I have therefore copied and pasted this:

I'm having trouble getting the DDS to work I go into safe mode and the blue screen of Death keeps interfering Any advice shall I try safe mode with command prompt what shall I type I put the file on the desktop.

Brad.

into your other topic. I have merged the two posts there into one.

Now, you must exercise patience. I know you want your problems fixed ASAP, but it will take time to get to you. We have lots of people requesting assistance.

Because you have posted a topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic369926.html you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users