Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avast Free Antivirus not showing blocked malware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JustAnotherWittyName

JustAnotherWittyName

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:01 PM

I was recently browsing People of Walmart when I get a message from Avast stating that malware has been blocked. I'm going to guess that it was from an banner ad on the site because the site that it originated from was not People of Walmart, but somethink called Afnolink. That was the only site I was browsing at the time. But when I check the statistics for Web Shield, it says there has been no blocked malware. I've checked all other Shield statistics and they are all clean. So, where did the info for it go? Does this mean that it was not sucessfully blocked?

P.S: If this is in the wrong section, I'm sorry.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:53 PM

I actually don't see a section for blocked malware. I do see a part where it shows number of scanned pages and number of infected pages. This is under Shield Traffic in the Web Shield area. What does the "infected pages" number show?

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 JustAnotherWittyName

JustAnotherWittyName
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:05 PM

I actually don't see a section for blocked malware. I do see a part where it shows number of scanned pages and number of infected pages. This is under Shield Traffic in the Web Shield area. What does the "infected pages" number show?

Orange Blossom :cherry:

I'm sorry about the "blocked malware" part, I meant the infected pages. But the "Infected Pages" number is zero.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:24 PM

What browser are you using?

avast! Web Shield is able to monitor and filter HTTP traffic from ebsites when using common web browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, and Google Chrome. Connections from these browsers are redirected to the Web Shield to be scanned for malware while downloading the web content. However, if you are using a less common web browser which has a different way of accessing web content it may not be scanned properly by Web Shield.

The webshlock.txt file located in the C:\Windows\Temp\_avast5_\ folder is created when the avast Web Shield is in use.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users