Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan horse crypt.AEZO

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jdj0202

jdj0202

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:42 PM

My laptop acted up last night so I did a scan with malwarebytes (which, with a quick scan, found no errors) and AVG. AVG found the errors in the screenshot.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/9ifsb5.jpg

I'm wary about moving/deleting these items, for reasons I'm sure you can deduce.

I haven't done anything other than run a malwarebytes scan and a spybot S&D scan.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 theoldguy

theoldguy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:33 PM

You are infected!! These appear to be the files run at startup. I have a similar situation going on.

Boot into safe mode.
Run msconfig and disable all the Startup files in the Startup tab. Under the Boot tab set the system to safe boot with networking.
Download, install and update MalwareBytes to the latest virus definitions. Once that is done do a thorough scan.
Make sure your AV is current, updated and running.

Google crypt.aezo trojan for other sources and information on removing the infection.

I'm thinking I may have to uninstall the infected programs and reinstall them from a known good source.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users