Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Incomplete display on 32" LCD from laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ltdave

ltdave

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:35 PM

I use a 32" LCD TV for my primary monitor

ive posted about this a couple of times (i think, cant find it anywhere) where i USED TO BE ABLE to use my 32" lcd as a monitor for watching movies. i used an S-video patch cord and then ran a set of speakers from the headphone jack on my laptop...

i had a friend do a clean install for me because the laptop was all infected and screwy and now i cant watch with the TV. i can get an output, i can see the PICTURE that i use for my desktop but there are no icons or mouse pointer or system tray/tool bar...

ive also tried to use a 2nd monitor (bigger screen) plugged into the 9-pin monitor Dshell to no avail...

can someone PLEASE help me figure this out?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:55 PM

Hello Sir,

Well as I read, you mentioned something about "a clean install" which if that were the case, I would ask you or the person who did it: if they re-installed the graphics card driver?

You see if the graphics driver is not re-installed back after a clean install your graphics card will not work appropriately. Therefore it can't go as high of a resolution as it normally did.

#3 ltdave

ltdave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

3 months later...

i wasnt choosing the proper 'monitor to use' with the F8 key...

thanks!

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:06 AM

Thanks for posting the solution

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer