Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer will not start!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Troy Boone

Troy Boone

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:30 AM

Every time my sister try's to start her computer she gets the blue screen of death, then shortly after the computer shuts down. she has a gateway laptop running windows 7. She can't find her receipt so the place she bought if from won't even look at her laptop. Sorry i couldn't give much information on the problem but its not my computer and i'm confused by it to

any help would be awesome! Thanks in advanced.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:11 PM

What is the model of this Gateway?

If this is still under warranty it may be worth finding your proof of purchase. Most people don't make purchases of this nature with cash, so you should be able to find a check or charge on an account.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Troy Boone

Troy Boone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:26 PM

Heres all its information:

Gateway
Intel Pentium processor T4400
320 GB HDD
3 GB memory
DVD-Super Multi Dl drive
Webcam
Multi-in-1 card reader

#4 Troy Boone

Troy Boone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:31 PM

i just started it and it made a weird popping noise but other than that has started normally no blue screen? what could be the problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users