Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iexplore virus, whitesmoke, etc. Removal Help Please

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 5Hamps

5Hamps

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

My computer is infected with something. It started when I found Whitesmoke Translator tool installed. After this all programs would not run. I was able to stop the whitesmoke process, and can now work on the computer. However after being online for a few minutes, I can tell that other programs are running in the background. I use firefox as my web browser because I've had problems with explorer in the past, but iexplore.exe and explorer.exe show up in the processes on task manager along with some other randomly named exe files. I keep getting JIT debugger error while working, also an error about Clear My Tracks. Other strange names appearing in processes are ppc.exe, ppd.exe. If I end the process tree on these processes, the background programs appear to stop for a while. I'm also getting some redirecting while using google search. I have run mbam and avg free, but I have limited knowledge on how to do this independently. I can use the directions that are posted on here, though. Please help! Thanks for your time.

Oh - I'm using windows xp.

Laura

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users