Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Some Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jdns9x

jdns9x

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 07 December 2005 - 03:43 AM

I have an existing server that has a scsi drive in it, with NT installed on it. It works fine as it is. However, I need to add a hard drive with alot of space. I have a spare IDE drive which would be ideal. However, no matter how I configure the IDE drive to run, as master or slave, primary channel or secondary, I still can't get it to work. The machine detects the IDE drive and assigns it Disk 0. Thereafter the machine won't boot becasue it can't get to the operating system on the scsi drive. How can I make this machine still boot to the scsi drive after installing the IDE drive? Is there any way to make the machine not assign disk 0 status to the IDE drive?

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:26 AM

You should have a setting in your BIOS to force the boot order. Did you know NT is limited to 7.8gb per partition. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=114841

Edited by acklan, 07 December 2005 - 05:27 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users