Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

popup, SVCHOST error window, redirect

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 antifmradio

antifmradio

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:12 PM

A bit hard to describe this one. Its something ( partially ) i haven't seen EVER.
There are a few things going on here to prompt me to this site.

A) Ill have this window open for (X) amount of time, then a new one will open and its obviously trying to get me to somewhere.
It doesnt take me away from the original window i have open. It just opens a new tabbed one
It seems like my PCTOOLS FIREWALL is stopping that page to display properly or display its content at all so at that point im saved.

B) Over the past month or so i noticed many of my TASKBAR icons ( next to the clock ) no longer show.
I tried the program settings etc and that didnt help
Today however i ran MALWAREBYTES. Hell i have used it before and i decided to purchase it and run it in its full version.
Well as soon as i ran it and restarted the machine, all of the needed icons show up again.

This went on for a couple hours to be fine i suppose...but then

C) i only had my own webpage open. And i wanst even doing anything. Just sitting there with the browser open while working on another machine.
I noticed (corner of my eye) that my browser changed size / dimension
Its a bit hard to explain. Its like it was shrunk down for a few seconds, then back up however sitting BEHIND the task bar. Like someone click RESTORE on my browser.

I have seen my own machine when i log into it remotely and it appeared to react ALMOST the same way but im sure there was nothing else on my network

and finally we are down to

D)I cant DISABLE my network connections (Wireless or hardwired) or rather they just dont change status AND are stuck in my task bar
Each time i needed to do something like a scan, i didnt want to be connected to the net while running it. So i tried to disable my connection.
First i removed the Ethernet cable from the machine. but it said it was still online ( even though i cant get any web page )
Secondly it told me the same status of things if i tried to RIGHTCLICK and DISABLE the wireless connection.
Ok so great, i went into NETWORK CONNECTIONS and the taskbar and right click / Diable the individual items..... nothing happened
Tried it a few times and still no result.
While doing this, i noticed that when opening a browser or extra folder window
the bars around the browser, folder, and even the taskbar itself gave the appearance of a MEMORY HOGGING taking place

Obviously something is eating up CPU / RAM here. but i dont see it and cant find it conventionally.

So here i am.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer :welcome:

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.

If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
  • Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:

Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice

Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:

How to create a GMER log

If the system has been used after topic creation time we need to take a look at fresh logs. So, please post fresh copies of dds.txt & attach.txt logs.

Regards,
Georgi :hello:

cXfZ4wS.png

#3 antifmradio

antifmradio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

my situation has not changed
the computer has been inactive since my last post using it.

Please referr to the both attached files and lets begin from there.

Thanks B-Boy

#4 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:59 PM

Hello antifmradio ,
  • Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
  • My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
  • Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
  • If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
  • Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
  • Finally, please reply using the Posted Image button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.

my situation has not changed
the computer has been inactive since my last post using it.

Please referr to the both attached files and lets begin from there.

Actually You posted the attach.txt part of the DDS log I need the DDS.txt also we need a little more information before we proceed.

• Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.

Please download MBRCheck to your desktop.

1. Double click MBRCheck.exe to run it (Right click and run as Administrator for Vista).
2. It will open a black window, please do not fix anything (if it gives you an option).
3. Exit that window and it will produce a log (MBRCheck_date_time).
4. Please post that log when you reply.

Things to include in your next reply::
OTL.txt
Extra.txt
MBRCheck log
Once I have this information we will begin cleaning your machine.

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#5 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:48 PM

Hello.

Are you still there?

If you are please follow the instructions in my previous post.

If you still need help, follow the instructions I have given in my response. If you have since had your problem solved, we would appreciate you letting us know so we can close the topic.

Please reply back telling us so. If you don't reply within 5-7 days the topic will need to be closed.

Thanks for understanding :)

With Regards,
fireman4it

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#6 antifmradio

antifmradio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

hello Fireman
i have some bad news to tell you

first the good... yes i am still here..and i ran the scans you asked me for

now the bad news

I dont know what MBR is supposed to produce as a log but it produced nothing that i can see other than the information, viewed in the DOS type screen
Ill paste that information here because, since it produced no log or text file that i have the ability to save.
So i copied and pasted below the information from that DOS screen

Also ill attach the two TXT files you asked for previously

Also to let you know about MBR informaiton screen. Youll see it says CLICK enter to exit
well i did that and the window just closes.. i get nothing else

MBR CHECK INFORMATION---------
MBRCheck, version 1.2.3
© 2010, AD

Command-line:
Windows Version: Windows XP Professional
Windows Information: Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Logical Drives Mask: 0x0000001c

\\.\C: --> \\.\PhysicalDrive0 at offset 0x00000001`384c7a00 (FAT32)
\\.\D: --> \\.\PhysicalDrive0 at offset 0x00000009`dd5abe00 (FAT32)

Size Device Name MBR Status
--------------------------------------------
74 GB \\.\PhysicalDrive0 Windows XP MBR code detected
SHA1: DA38B874B7713D1B51CBC449F4EF809B0DEC644A

Done!
Press ENTER to exit...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------END OF PASTED CONTENT

Attached Files

#7 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

Hello,

Lets run Combofix.

Download and Run RKill
  • Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3
    Link 4
  • Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
  • A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
  • If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply

Install Recovery Console and Run ComboFix

This tool is not a toy. If used the wrong way you could trash your computer. Please use only under direction of a Helper. If you decide to do so anyway, please do not blame me or ComboFix.

Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
  • Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Close any open windows, including this one.
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.
  • Posted Image
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Note:The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you
should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

• Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Posted Image
  • Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).
Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running.
ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.

Note: Please Do NOT mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may cause it to stall.

Things to include in your next reply:
Combofix.txt
How is your machine running now?

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#8 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

Hello.

Are you still there?

If you still need help, follow the instructions I have given in my response. If you have since had your problem solved, we would appreciate you letting us know so we can close the topic.

Please reply back telling us so. If you don't reply within 5-7 days the topic will need to be closed.

With Regards,
fireman4it

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#9 antifmradio

antifmradio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:35 PM

iexplorer.exe application error window
The instruction at 0x10005372 referanced memory at 0x00000018. The

memory could not be read
Click ok to terminate the program

however the program ran and generated a log for RKILL

when trying to open Combofix
i got the same error screen
however this one is called
firefox.exe - application error
showing the same set of "instruction at" and Memory at numbers as

above
Then the displaimer of Warranty screen came up

i know my machine is supposed to have a preinstalled recover console

and i have been trying to use it however i cant get into it using

the startup keys the manual tells me to
( start machine and press ALT+F10 at post )

While combofix was scanning a message came up for me to click OK on
"Rootkit - TDL3 Detected
be patientas this may take some moments

the reason i say this here is that the instructions specifically

say not to mouse click things while the scan is in process but i

have to for the scan to continue

ok several minutes later combofix said it deteced ROOT KIT activity and needs to reboot

i clicked OK
the computer went and shut itself down normally
but never restarted
Its been sitting in a type of STANDBY after shutting down several minutes ago

Its lights are on fpr POWER
the "DRIVE ACTIVITY " light has NOT shown any activity taking place

the monitor has power but is also OFF.

at this point.. i have no idea what to do
i cant turn it on because its already ON
i cant shut it down because combofix could be doing something

i have no combofix.txt file to give you because....well for obvious reasons

#10 antifmradio

antifmradio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:33 PM

Got it working again
you can see the issues that went along the way of scanning above this post
however here is the log file you requested

=================================COMBIFIX.TXT LOG INFORMATION=================================
ComboFix 11-01-06.06 - eric robinson 01/07/2011 13:41:57.1.1 - FAT32x86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.894.556 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\eric robinson\Desktop\100K6490\ComboFix.exe
FW: PC Tools Firewall Plus *Disabled* {ABBD5028-5A95-4B6D-996E-98D64AE88D52}
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\Images
c:\windows\system32\_000012_.tmp.dll
c:\windows\system32\autorun.ini
c:\windows\system32\autorun\Drivers\LAN\WIN2000\_desktop.ini
c:\windows\system32\autorun\Drivers\LAN\WIN98SE\_desktop.ini
c:\windows\system32\autorun\Drivers\LAN\WINME\_desktop.ini
c:\windows\system32\autorun\Drivers\LAN\WINXP\_desktop.ini

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2010-12-07 to 2011-01-07 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2011-01-02 14:37 . 2011-01-02 14:37 -------- d-----w- C:\FOUND.004
2010-12-29 01:16 . 2010-12-29 01:16 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe
2010-12-29 00:10 . 2010-12-29 00:10 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\Java
2010-12-29 00:09 . 2010-12-29 00:09 73728 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\javacpl.cpl
2010-12-29 00:09 . 2010-12-29 00:09 472808 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\deployJava1.dll
2010-12-29 00:09 . 2010-12-29 00:09 472808 ----a-w- c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npdeployJava1.dll
2010-12-27 23:22 . 2010-12-20 23:09 38224 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2010-12-27 23:22 . 2010-12-27 23:22 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2010-12-27 23:22 . 2010-12-20 23:08 20952 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2010-12-15 23:32 . 2010-11-02 15:17 40960 ------w- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ndproxy.sys
2010-12-15 23:30 . 2010-10-11 14:59 45568 ------w- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\wab.exe

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2010-12-08 18:12 . 2008-06-25 03:03 83360 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\LMIRfsClientNP.dll
2010-12-08 18:11 . 2008-06-25 03:03 53632 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\LMIproc.dll
2010-12-08 18:11 . 2008-06-25 03:03 29568 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\LMIport.dll
2010-12-08 18:11 . 2008-06-25 03:03 87424 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\LMIinit.dll
2010-11-18 18:12 . 2004-08-11 01:00 81920 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\isign32.dll
2010-11-06 00:34 . 2009-03-21 17:58 78336 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ieencode.dll
2010-11-06 00:34 . 2006-01-09 16:02 832512 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll
2010-11-06 00:34 . 2004-08-11 01:00 1830912 ------w- c:\windows\system32\inetcpl.cpl
2010-11-06 00:34 . 2004-08-11 01:00 17408 ------w- c:\windows\system32\corpol.dll
2010-11-03 12:25 . 2004-08-11 01:00 389120 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\html.iec
2010-11-02 15:17 . 2004-08-11 01:00 40960 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\ndproxy.sys
2010-10-28 13:13 . 2004-08-11 01:00 290048 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atmfd.dll
2010-10-26 13:25 . 2009-03-11 02:08 1853312 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\win32k.sys

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"LogitechSoftwareUpdate"="c:\program files\Logitech\Video\ManifestEngine.exe" [2005-06-08 196608]
"RegistryMechanic"="c:\program files\Registry Mechanic\RegMech.exe" [2010-11-24 4364248]
"SansaDispatch"="c:\documents and settings\eric robinson\Application Data\SanDisk\Sansa Updater\SansaDispatch.exe" [2010-10-07 79872]
"EKS MIDI Agent"="c:\program files\EKS Driver Pack 8.12.2009\EKS MIDI Driver 1.14\eksmidiagent.exe" [2009-11-22 144384]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ehTray"="c:\windows\ehome\ehtray.exe" [2005-08-05 64512]
"AzMixerSel"="c:\program files\Realtek\InstallShield\AzMixerSel.exe" [2006-04-15 53248]
"Acer ePresentation HPD"="c:\acer\Empowering Technology\ePresentation\ePresentation.exe" [2006-03-31 204800]
"PHIME2002ASync"="c:\windows\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE" [2004-08-11 455168]
"PHIME2002A"="c:\windows\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE" [2004-08-11 455168]
"RTHDCPL"="RTHDCPL.EXE" [2006-06-28 16248320]
"SkyTel"="SkyTel.EXE" [2006-05-16 2879488]
"ePower_DMC"="c:\acer\Empowering Technology\ePower\ePower_DMC.exe" [2006-05-30 421888]
"SynTPEnh"="c:\program files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe" [2006-03-03 761946]
"ATICCC"="c:\program files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLIStart.exe" [2006-05-10 90112]
"eRecoveryService"="c:\acer\Empowering Technology\eRecovery\eRAgent.exe" [2006-06-01 413696]
"HPDJ Taskbar Utility"="c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb03.exe" [2001-06-12 200704]
"DT HPW"="c:\program files\Portrait Displays\HP My Display\DTHtml.exe" [2007-06-29 278528]
"mxomssmenu"="c:\program files\Maxtor\OneTouch Status\maxmenumgr.exe" [2008-07-21 169312]
"Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer"="KHALMNPR.EXE" [2008-02-29 76304]
"00PCTFW"="c:\program files\PC Tools Firewall Plus\FirewallGUI.exe" [2010-01-20 3168216]
"LVCOMSX"="c:\windows\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE" [2005-07-19 221184]
"LogitechVideoRepair"="c:\program files\Logitech\Video\ISStart.exe" [2005-06-08 458752]
"LogMeIn GUI"="c:\program files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe" [2008-02-28 63048]
"LogitechVideoTray"="c:\program files\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe" [2005-06-08 217088]
"Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware"="c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe" [2010-12-20 443728]

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Acer Empowering Technology.lnk - c:\acer\Empowering Technology\Acer.Empowering.Framework.Launcher.exe [2006-3-27 45056]
Microsoft Office.lnk - c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE [2000-1-21 65588]
Logitech SetPoint.lnk - c:\program files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe [2009-12-25 805392]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\LBTWlgn]
2008-05-02 07:42 72208 ----a-w- c:\program files\Common Files\Logishrd\Bluetooth\LBTWLgn.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\LMIinit]
2010-12-08 18:11 87424 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\LMIinit.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\aawservice]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\sdauxservice]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\sdcoreservice]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\Wdf01000.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\WdfLoadGroup]
@=""

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk]
backup=c:\windows\pss\Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnkCommon Startup

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Device Detector 3.lnk]
backup=c:\windows\pss\Device Detector 3.lnkCommon Startup

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^eric robinson^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^DW_Start.lnk]
backup=c:\windows\pss\DW_Start.lnkStartup
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Act! Preloader
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Act.Outlook.Service
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Livestream Procaster
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\MaxtorOneTouch

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\IMJPMIG8.1]
2004-08-11 01:00 208952 ----a-w- c:\windows\ime\imjp8_1\imjpmig.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\iTunesHelper]
2009-07-13 19:03 292128 ----a-w- c:\program files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\LManager]
2006-06-23 08:59 602112 ----a-w- c:\progra~1\LAUNCH~1\LManager.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\MSMSGS]
2008-04-14 01:12 1695232 ----a-w- c:\program files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\MSPY2002]
2004-08-11 01:00 59392 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\IMSCINST.EXE

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\ntiMUI]
2005-05-11 22:15 45056 ----a-w- c:\program files\NewTech Infosystems\NTI CD & DVD-Maker 7\ntiMUI.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\QuickTime Task]
2009-05-26 22:18 413696 ----a-w- c:\program files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\AIM\\aim.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\MSMSGS.EXE"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe"=
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe"=

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]
"3389:TCP"= 3389:TCP:@xpsp2res.dll,-22009
"5985:TCP"= 5985:TCP:Windows Remote Management

R0 PCTCore;PCTools KDS;c:\windows\system32\drivers\PCTCore.sys [3/22/2009 8:41 PM 237632]
R0 pctDS;PC Tools Data Store;c:\windows\system32\drivers\pctDS.sys [11/18/2010 7:56 PM 338880]
R0 pctEFA;PC Tools Extended File Attributes;c:\windows\system32\drivers\pctEFA.sys [11/18/2010 7:56 PM 656320]
R0 TfFsMon;TfFsMon;c:\windows\system32\drivers\TfFsMon.sys [11/18/2010 10:16 PM 51984]
R0 TfSysMon;TfSysMon;c:\windows\system32\drivers\TfSysMon.sys [11/18/2010 10:16 PM 68880]
R1 pctgntdi;pctgntdi;c:\windows\system32\drivers\pctgntdi.sys [3/22/2009 8:41 PM 249616]
R2 LMIGuardianSvc;LMIGuardianSvc;c:\program files\LogMeIn\x86\LMIGuardianSvc.exe [9/30/2010 7:22 PM 374152]
R2 LMIInfo;LogMeIn Kernel Information Provider;c:\program files\LogMeIn\x86\rainfo.sys [2/28/2008 3:31 PM 12856]
R2 MBAMService;MBAMService;c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe [12/27/2010 6:22 PM 363344]
R2 PCTAppEvent;PCTAppEvent Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\PCTAppEvent.sys [3/22/2009 8:41 PM 159936]
R2 PCToolsSSDMonitorSvc;PC Tools Startup and Shutdown Monitor service;c:\program files\Common Files\PC Tools\sMonitor\StartManSvc.exe [10/28/2009 6:58 PM 632792]
R2 sdAuxService;PC Tools Auxiliary Service;c:\program files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe [6/19/2008 3:26 AM 366840]
R3 eksmidi;EKS XP-Series MIDI Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\eksmidi.sys [2/11/2009 6:27 AM 72288]
R3 MBAMProtector;MBAMProtector;c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys [12/27/2010 6:22 PM 20952]
R3 motubus;MOTU Audio MIDI Extension;c:\windows\system32\drivers\motubus.sys [7/10/2003 11:02 AM 22024]
R3 PCTFW-PacketFilter;PCTools Firewall - Packet filter driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\pctNdis-PacketFilter.sys [1/8/2010 6:47 PM 87400]
R3 pctNDIS;PC Tools Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\pctNdis.sys [1/8/2010 6:47 PM 56536]
R3 pctplfw;pctplfw;c:\windows\system32\drivers\pctplfw.sys [1/8/2010 6:47 PM 123712]
S1 SISAGPP;SISAGPP;c:\windows\system32\drivers\SISAGPP.sys --> c:\windows\system32\drivers\SISAGPP.sys [?]
S2 ACT! Scheduler;ACT! Scheduler;"c:\program files\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.Scheduler.exe" --> c:\program files\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.Scheduler.exe [?]
S2 eLock2BurnerLockDriver;eLock2BurnerLockDriver;\??\c:\windows\system32\eLock2BurnerLockDriver.sys --> c:\windows\system32\eLock2BurnerLockDriver.sys [?]
S2 eLock2FSCTLDriver;eLock2FSCTLDriver;\??\c:\windows\system32\eLock2FSCTLDriver.sys --> c:\windows\system32\eLock2FSCTLDriver.sys [?]
S3 BTCFilterService;USB Networking Driver Filter Service;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\motfilt.sys --> c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\motfilt.sys [?]
S3 motccgp;Motorola USB Composite Device Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\motccgp.sys --> c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\motccgp.sys [?]
S3 motccgpfl;MotCcgpFlService;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\motccgpfl.sys --> c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\motccgpfl.sys [?]
S3 Motousbnet;Motorola USB Networking Driver Service;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\Motousbnet.sys --> c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\Motousbnet.sys [?]
S3 motport;Motorola USB Diagnostic Port;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\motport.sys --> c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\motport.sys [?]
S3 MotuPar;MOTU Parallel MIDI Interface;c:\windows\system32\drivers\MotuPar.sys --> c:\windows\system32\drivers\MotuPar.sys [?]
S3 motusbdevice;Motorola USB Dev Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\motusbdevice.sys --> c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\motusbdevice.sys [?]
S3 PCTFW-DNS;PCTools Firewall - DNS driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\pctNdis-DNS.sys [1/8/2010 6:47 PM 31960]
S3 pctplsg;pctplsg;c:\windows\system32\drivers\pctplsg.sys [3/22/2009 8:41 PM 70536]
S3 TfNetMon;TfNetMon;c:\windows\system32\drivers\TfNetMon.sys [11/18/2010 10:16 PM 33552]
S3 ThreatFire;ThreatFire;c:\program files\Spyware Doctor\TFEngine\TFService.exe service --> c:\program files\Spyware Doctor\TFEngine\TFService.exe service [?]
S3 WinRM;Windows Remote Management (WS-Management);c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k WINRM [8/10/2004 8:00 PM 14336]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
WINRM REG_MULTI_SZ WINRM
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder

2011-01-07 c:\windows\Tasks\defrag.job
- c:\windows\system32\defrag.exe [2004-08-11 01:12]

2011-01-07 c:\windows\Tasks\RMSmartUpdate.job
- c:\program files\Registry Mechanic\Update.exe [2010-11-19 16:26]
------- Supplementary Scan -------
uStart Page = about:blank
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
IE: {{d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949}
LSP: c:\program files\Common Files\PC Tools\Lsp\PCTLsp.dll
FF - ProfilePath - c:\documents and settings\eric robinson\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\bl0o1zzy.default\
FF - prefs.js: browser.startup.homepage - hxxp://antifmradio.com/joom
FF - prefs.js: keyword.URL - hxxp://www.search-results.com/web?o=15868&l=dis&prt=PRT&chn=UN&geo=US&ver=UN&q=
FF - Ext: NoScript: {73a6fe31-595d-460b-a920-fcc0f8843232} - %profile%\extensions\{73a6fe31-595d-460b-a920-fcc0f8843232}
FF - Ext: LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Plugin: LogMeInClient@logmein.com - %profile%\extensions\LogMeInClient@logmein.com
FF - Ext: Web Developer: {c45c406e-ab73-11d8-be73-000a95be3b12} - %profile%\extensions\{c45c406e-ab73-11d8-be73-000a95be3b12}
FF - Ext: Move Media Player: moveplayer@movenetworks.com - %profile%\extensions\moveplayer@movenetworks.com
FF - Ext: PingFire: ping@zechariahs.org - %profile%\extensions\ping@zechariahs.org
FF - Ext: Download Manager Tweak: {F8A55C97-3DB6-4961-A81D-0DE0080E53CB} - %profile%\extensions\{F8A55C97-3DB6-4961-A81D-0DE0080E53CB}
FF - Ext: Default: {972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} - c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}
FF - Ext: Java Console: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0011-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0011-ABCDEFFEDCBA}
FF - Ext: Java Console: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0013-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0013-ABCDEFFEDCBA}
FF - Ext: Java Console: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0023-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0023-ABCDEFFEDCBA}
FF - Ext: Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant: {20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b} - c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Windows Presentation Foundation\DotNetAssistantExtension
FF - Ext: Java Quick Starter: jqs@sun.com - c:\program files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ff
------- File Associations -------
.txt=Wordpad.Document.1
- - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -

Notify-ssqpOIax - (no file)
MSConfigStartUp-AdobeCS4ServiceManager - c:\program files\Common Files\Adobe\CS4ServiceManager\CS4ServiceManager.exe

catchme 0.3.1398 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2011-01-07 14:14
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 FAT NTAPI

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
SansaDispatch = c:\documents and settings\eric robinson\Application Data\SanDisk\Sansa Updater\SansaDispatch.exe?daterInstall&platform=&is-debug=&rom-version=&part-number=&product-name=&content-class=common_con

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

Stealth MBR rootkit/Mebroot/Sinowal/TDL4 detector 0.4.2 by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Windows 5.1.2600 Disk: HTS541080G9AT00 rev.MB4OA60A -> Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\Ide\IdePort0 P0T0L0-4

device: opened successfully
user: MBR read successfully

Disk trace:
called modules: ntkrnlpa.exe catchme.sys CLASSPNP.SYS disk.sys PCTCore.sys ACPI.sys hal.dll >>UNKNOWN [0x85632555]<<
c:\docume~1\ERICRO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\catchme.sys
c:\windows\system32\drivers\PCTCore.sys PC Tools Kernel Driver Suite
_asm { PUSH EBP; MOV EBP, ESP; PUSH ECX; MOV EAX, [EBP+0x8]; CMP EAX, [0x856387b0]; MOV EAX, [0x8563882c]; PUSH EBX; PUSH ESI; MOV ESI, [EBP+0xc]; MOV EBX, [ESI+0x60]; PUSH EDI; JNZ 0x20; MOV [EBP+0x8], EAX; }
1 ntkrnlpa!IofCallDriver[0x804EF1A6] -> \Device\Harddisk0\DR0[0x8566E030]
3 CLASSPNP[0xF7567FD7] -> ntkrnlpa!IofCallDriver[0x804EF1A6] -> [0x8566ECF0]
5 PCTCore[0xF7210B63] -> ntkrnlpa!IofCallDriver[0x804EF1A6] -> \Device\000000c2[0x8567A9E8]
7 ACPI[0xF733E620] -> ntkrnlpa!IofCallDriver[0x804EF1A6] -> [0x85671940]
\Driver\atapi[0x856586E0] -> IRP_MJ_CREATE -> 0x85632555
kernel: MBR read successfully
_asm { XOR AX, AX; MOV SS, AX; MOV SP, 0x7c00; STI ; PUSH AX; POP ES; PUSH AX; POP DS; CLD ; MOV SI, 0x7c1b; MOV DI, 0x61b; PUSH AX; PUSH DI; MOV CX, 0x1e5; REP MOVSB ; RETF ; MOV BP, 0x7be; MOV CL, 0x4; CMP [BP+0x0], CH; JL 0x2e; JNZ 0x3a; }
detected disk devices:
\Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP0T0L0-4 -> \??\IDE#DiskHTS541080G9AT00_________________________MB4OA60A#5&2b182631&0&0.0.0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b} device not found
detected hooks:
\Driver\atapi DriverStartIo -> 0x8563239B
user & kernel MBR OK
Warning: possible TDL3 rootkit infection !

--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

- - - - - - - > 'winlogon.exe'(936)
c:\windows\system32\WININET.dll
c:\windows\system32\Ati2evxx.dll
c:\program files\common files\logishrd\bluetooth\LBTWlgn.dll
c:\windows\system32\LMIinit.dll
c:\program files\common files\logishrd\bluetooth\LBTServ.dll
c:\windows\system32\LMIRfsClientNP.dll

- - - - - - - > 'lsass.exe'(996)
c:\windows\system32\WININET.dll
c:\program files\Common Files\PC Tools\Lsp\PCTLsp.dll
Completion time: 2011-01-07 14:26:25
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2011-01-07 19:26

Pre-Run: 5,907,054,592 bytes free
Post-Run: 6,882,426,880 bytes free

- - End Of File - - 29F217FFAF0B1F3806A1AF9A15B2B4E0

#11 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:04 AM

Hello,

Lets try another tool. Let's also install a Recovery Console.

With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have the Windows Recovery Console pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

Go to Microsoft's website => http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310994

Select the download that's appropriate for your Operating System

Posted Image

Download the file & save it as it's originally named.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools

Posted Image

• Drag the setup package onto ComboFix.exe and drop it.
  • Follow the prompts to start ComboFix and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Recovery Console.

Posted Image
  • At the next prompt, click 'Yes' to run the full ComboFix scan.
  • When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt

Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!
Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (v2.4.0.0) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.
  • Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it.
  • To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.
  • Click the Start Scan button.
  • Do not use the computer during the scan
  • If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
  • Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
  • A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

Please run another Gmer scan and post the results.

Things to include in your next reply::
Combofix.txt
Tdsskiller log
Gmer log
How is your machine running now?

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#12 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:15 PM

Hello.

Are you still there?

With Regards,
fireman4it

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#13 antifmradio

antifmradio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:42 PM

fireman i think i have found the problem

going along with all this i noticed there havent been any malicious findings
other than odd cookies, tracking software, and the like that usually get loaded into a persons computer

there is really nothing VIRAL or TROJAN being found.

I have traced the issue down to the actual DRIVER that i specifically needed to be using for a piece of software only once a week used.

as well as what seems like broken files its trying to tell the program to read

there is no virus
there is no rojan
there is no spyware ..................to write home about for that matter.

Its simply a driver that activates on friday nights and keeps active till i specifically go and shut certain things down

this issue can be tagged as SOLVED if you dont mind

#14 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:50 AM

Hello,

I can shut this down if you wish but in your last logs that you gave me it shows the possibility of a TDL3 Rootkit infection. Please let me know what you wish to do.

Edited by fireman4it, 12 January 2011 - 12:51 AM.
spelling

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#15 antifmradio

antifmradio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

understood
ill need til Saturday to actually get to do anything about it
right now its Wednesday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic