Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Essentials 2011 won't install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jnk1296

jnk1296

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:16 PM

I don't get it. Twice i've tried to install windows live essentials, and both times is says that it succeeded. However, when i go to my start menu, there is no entry for Windows Live essentials, its not in "Program files" OR "Program Files(x86)" and its not even listed in "Program features". Its basically non-existent on my machine. all i wanted was to install movie maker. I open the installer, select the photo viewer/Movie Maker package, and click install. Then after a two minute wait, it tells me the install was successful and for me to click the close button to start using live essentials. I'm stumped! I only have one partition on my HDD, and the files are not there, so that rules out the files being my hard disk. And they were not installed on my flash drive. So does anyone what happened or where the files went? :smash:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jnk1296

jnk1296
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:06 PM

Actually... nevermind. I found a portable version that i've used in the past and liked even better. Portable Movie Maker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users