Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blizzard '10 How much snow did you get?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:16 PM

We got 2 feet of snow in Central Joisey....

Posted Image

:cold::lol:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:14 PM

Cool pic! The feet look taller than that vehicle!

In the middle of KS we havent had any accumulation at all this year which is very odd.
So far only a couple of flurries. Supposed to be 60 on Thursday and is pretty nice out today.
Last year at this time there was at least a foot on the ground.
Pretty dry and we need the moisture for the farmers.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:36 PM

We had 4 inches to surprise us in upstate SC. It was great to have it around Christmas!

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#4 Barajiqal

Barajiqal

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:45 PM

As of today here in LaCrosse WI the total for december has been I beleive 32 inches just one inch short of the december record. Only 17 inches of that fell at one time though.

-bar
"I am Become Death, Destroyer of Worlds" - (Verse 32 Chapter 11 of the Bhagavad Gita) Robert J Oppenheimer

"Any Man Who Has a Habit and Cannot Bear to Share it Should not Have the Habit at All" - Misqoute From Rolland of Gillead in the Stephen King Series The Dark Tower

#5 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

Here in northern NJ we probably got 12 inches (maybe a little more) but it's hard to tell. It was a "dry" snow and we've had winds up to the mid 40 MPH, so there's a lot of drifting. But if I can just get the blacktop of the driveway exposed the sun should take care of the rest of the job!

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:07 PM

We had about 28 - 30 inches just outside of NYC... huge drifts. Bitterly dangerous cold wind.
Had a great workout moving it. just got done tho'...all day clean up.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:07 AM

Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. Rain, rain, rain. Very strange for this time of year. What blew through NY and up the east coast hit us in Rain, Rain, Blah.

#8 PaedragGaidin

PaedragGaidin

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:45 AM

Any of y'all want to send some of that snow my way, feel free. What passes for "winter weather" in Arkansas seems pathetic to this Kansas native, and I do miss real snow. :P Had it once last winter, but once is not enough!

#9 somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

Well it's turned out so far to be not nearly as bad as it was last year (two years now..), but I moved my car earlier this time..

http://snowpics.somdcomputerguy.com/
-bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

#10 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

I can't remember what we got here in this part of Minnesota. All I remember is that it's a lot.....

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users