Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming mouse

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:58 PM

Not a hard core Gamer but do play primarily FPS`s. Two of the COD series & Bad Company Battlefield 2.

What`s a good mouse? Read reviews, now I`d like some hands on suggestions from those of you with hands on. :lol:
Also see some specialized mouse pads aimed at Gamers too. Anyone use one. Are they worth it? <_<

TIA :thumbup2:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

I definitely recommend the MX518 mouse. I've had mine for nearly two and a half years, and it's going strong. It's a reasonably priced gaming mouse.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104178&Tpk=mx%20518

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 CrimsonSpider

CrimsonSpider

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

I definitely recommend the MX518 mouse. I've had mine for nearly two and a half years, and it's going strong. It's a reasonably priced gaming mouse.

Thanks for your recommendation.

I might something like that for my gaming needs! :thumbup2:

CrimsonSpider
"Donít worry if it doesnít work right. If everything did, youíd be out of a job."
(Mosherís Law of Software Engineering)

#4 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:46 AM

What makes a gaming mouse a gaming mouse? In other words, why is it so much better than a normal mouse?

#5 ThunderZ

ThunderZ
  • Topic Starter

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:01 AM

Thanks Vaerli. Had been looking at that same mouse. Seem`s a good blend between form\function\cost.

A Gaming mouse is different things to different people.

In general, they are liter. Multiple buttons, 3 to 5. Have seen some with more. They will have a high DPI = dots per inch = how much the cursor moves per inch of mouse movement. The accuracy at which the cursor moves to a spot on the screen. Also, they should be made a bit tougher. Gamer`s, in particular FSP or other action oriented games can take a toll on in particular the left mouse button.
Some have micros that can create profiles = certain buttons always perform the same action in a particular game.

Some even go as far as attempting to make them ergonomically correct. Considering all the different hand sizes out there, making a one size fits all mouse is a bit hard to do. I have large hands and my pinkie always seems to get left out when it comes to a place to comfortably rest it.

#6 scorpia13

scorpia13

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:20 AM

I recently bought a Logitech gaming mouse. idk how long it will work for and if it will break soon, but I'm loving it at the moment.
The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences.

#7 ThunderZ

ThunderZ
  • Topic Starter

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:22 AM

Which model did you buy Scorpia13?

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:18 AM

Have you considered the Logitech Performance Mouse MX?
Comfortable, highly customizable, and can be used while charging.

It also has the ability to switch between 2 adjustable DPI settings, with a downward push of the thumb.
Posted Image

If you're interested in screenshots of all of the possible settings, just let me know.

The mouse pad I use: ZOWIE P-TF "SpawN" Cloth e-SPORT
Large, tough, comfortable, non-slip, easy to clean (damp cloth), and works great with my mouse.
Got it from NewEgg, but it's been deactivated.
This one is $5 cheaper than what I paid. :)
NewEgg link

I've had both for a year, and have experienced no problems.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 ThunderZ

ThunderZ
  • Topic Starter

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:58 PM

Thanks Tg1911.

You just had to make it a tougher decision did`t ya? :wink:

#10 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:37 PM

Well, of course.
That's what I'm here for. :)
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#11 Blaze413

Blaze413

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:23 PM

i use the logitech G5 gaming mouse and love it...the weight carage is a dream come true (i like a heavier mouse) and it is super responsive, not to mention the buttons to switch from high med low response times in a click (good when i snipe and then take out pistol to own ppl with lol)

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/441/359?WT.z_sp=Image

#12 terrordv

terrordv

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:59 PM

i had the G7 and now the G500 both cost alot but will worth it i had the G7 for 5 or so years but sadly it started to die last year *the mouse wheel would move on its own* but the left click never failed me. i had got alot of other mice i would use them for a few months the paint would rub off on the left click botton *diablo 2* but the G series of mice are the best that iv had. i have problems with my hands they hurt if i use a "normal" mouse for 15minits or so but with my G500 mouse i can play for how ever long i want and it dosen't bother me at all.

#13 Sacredify

Sacredify

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:26 PM

People have probably said it, but it is all PREFERENCE.

Numbers don't mean everything, and are there to sway you.

High DPI, while I prefer it, is not the best in all cases. Most hardcore gamers will actually advise that a LOWER DPI mouse and a LARGE mousepad will make for more accurate movements, which is probably true. In any case, I have found that razer mice are very effective, although a tad expensive. I use a lachesis, which is ambidextrous, so it might feel off, but I like it, and do very well with it.

#14 Cobra11

Cobra11

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for your recommendation.

I might something like that for my gaming needs! :thumbup2:

CrimsonSpider

Oh I have to agree with this. I just broke mine after 31 months of heavy use. Just went out and purchased yet another one. Trust me I use the hell out of mine. Can't go wrong with this. And just FYI, my cord went bad. Probably form me getting very angry at getting sniped out of a helicopter at my base lol

#15 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

Im boring, I use a basic logitech cordless mouse. I don't like the fancy mice with buttons going everywhere, I like simple, professional looking and long lasting-and the simpler they are the longer the last. Here is my mouse, couldnt remember the model number but this is it (just a slightly lighter shade of grey)

Posted Image

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users