Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i got a problem with Vista

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 proscz

proscz

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:52 PM

Hi

I got a probblem with my mum's laptop. Basically I arrived back home for a Xmass and she told me that she is unable to use it for already 2weeks. When I switched on and the windows loaded I could see HDDDiagnostic running automatically. Hell knows from where it came from. But it shows that there is 5 errors:
1. Boot sectore of the hard drive is damaged
2. Bad sectors on hard drive or damaged file allocation table
3. Read time of hard drive clusters less than 500ms
4. Hard drive doesn't respond to system commands
5. 31% of HDD space is unreadable.

Obviously below that it says that Defragmenation should be executed.

I've instaled long time ago a O&O Defrag and trying to run derfragmenation using it. Unfortunately during it System has restarted automatically.

Before she was using TRend Micro 2010 Internet Security Pro but as I have seen it expired in Nov.

I can see all the time messages

"CRITICAL ERROR
Hard Drive not found. Missing hard drive.

Windows can't find hard disk space. Hard drive error.

Damaged hard drice clusters detected. Private data is at risk."

This is shown in 3 sepparate messages...

PLus another messages attending the screen:

"Exception Processing Message 0x0000013 Paramters 0x000007FEFE37240 0x0000000000000004 0x000007FEFE37240 0x000007FEFE37240"

"You are running very low disk space on Local Disk ©"

"Exception Processing Message 0x0000013 Parameters
0x759A023C 0x84C3CAA4
0x759A023C 0x759A023C"

"Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \System32\496A8300. The data has been lost. This error might be caused by a failure of your computer hardware."

"A critical error has occured while indexing data stored on hard drive. System restart required."

One of my friend advised me to use ComboFix. but when I'm trying to open it it says that I have to change the name of it. If I'm trying it still doesn't accepting. While opening pendrive or any folder it says

"is not accessible
The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable"

PLEASE!!!
If anyone would be able to help me I would much appreciate. My mum needs this laptop for work and she has lots of important stuff on it.

Thaks in advance ;-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:42 PM

Well...have you run the appropriate hard drive diagnostic on it yet?

All those errors point the way to doing such, IMO.

I don't think your problem is with Vista...but with the hard drive.

At a minimum...I suggest trying to run the chkdsk /r command and writing down any error messages if the operation fails to complete.

See methods listed at http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67612-check-disk-chkdsk.html .

Louis

#3 proscz

proscz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:16 PM

HI

I've run all five methods listed on the above website. The method number five didn't even switch on.

Unfortunately the problem still exist and I'm not sure what to do.

I haven't discovered any errors listed.

Do you have any other ideas what should I do?? Many thanks in advance.

Marcel

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,244 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

I would run the appropriate hard drive diagnostic.

I don't know anything about Vista but your problem may be hardware moreso than Windows.

I suspect that most persons with a little experience with their systems...will tell you that the errors point to hard drive problems. That being the case, to consider anything else before eliminating that suspect...is just plain guessing, IMO.

Louis

#5 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:12 PM

What is the exact name of the hard drive diagnostic you say is running?

There is a rogue program going around by that name. The machine may very well be infected.

#6 proscz

proscz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:25 AM

the exact name is HDDDiagnostic. It switches on automatically while system loading. Plus when tried to put option number one from above website (puting the disk check on tools tab from disk properties). it was using the same program...

Edited by proscz, 30 December 2010 - 04:31 AM.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,244 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:51 PM

I think ThunderZ is correct (nice work :)).

Who is the developer of the program you installed?

You might read through the following carefully, HDD Diagnostic Removal Guide

Louis

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,244 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:46 PM

Due to the fact that you chose to post unsolicited data fit for the Malware Removal Logs forum...I have moved that data to the appropriate forum.

Your new malware topic can be found at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic370387.html .

Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the logs you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on, the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Removal Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Removal Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another Malware Removal Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users