Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mr. Fix it doesn't work anymore!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pconstantinescu

pconstantinescu

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:03 AM

Hey guys,

Sometimes I get audio problems where I cannot hear internet sound but can hear other sounds. When this happens the Device Volume under the volume tab of the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties window is grayed out. I usually just run Mats_Run.AudioPlayback (mr. fix it) and it fixes everything in 30 seconds and tells me the errors that occurred are because sound device was turned off, and because sound was set to really low level, and probably another thing too.

However, now when I try and run it it says "Mr. Fix it cannot continue because an error has occurred", and right underneath it it says,"the troubleshooter does not apply to this computer,". Is there a file that it cannot find perhaps? Does anyone know how Mats.AudioPlayback miracle fix it works? What file might be corrupt? Also sometimes some files will tell me to check if I have the proper authorization to run a program... WTF is going on? Please help someone.

The mats audio issue happend after I removed malware from my computer and and a rootkit. I removed it with malwarebytes and then with combofix. I can tell if there is a virus because I can sense when my computer is running 99.0 percent instead of 100%. Now it runs fast as hell and no viruses. Can someone tell me how to trouble shoot it with advanced techniques?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

Just for future reference, Combofix should only be used under the direct supervision of one of Malware Removal Team members. Using this tool incorrectly can result in more problems than what you started out with.

Have you looked in the Device Manager to see if there are any driver problems?

Try running chkdsk c: /p

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users