Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 ajfa

ajfa

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:22 AM

Hi, I think my post on the Malware removal forum has been ignored because I ran combofix on my computer before I joined this website. I was directed to the software from a forum on some website so i didn't realise the impact that running the program would have on getting my problem looked at on this website. So I apologise for my ignorance and haste. However, I really would like some help in knowing whether or not the one remaining file on my computer that Hitman Pro v 3.5.8 detects as malware but cannot remove, devenum4.dll located in C:\Users\Andrew\Appdata\roaming is in fact malware, and also how to remove it if necessary.

Kind regards,

Andrew

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NuckenFutz

NuckenFutz

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:11 AM

The reason you think people aren't responding is because combo-fix is basically end all be all. And I search that DLL and I didn't find any information on it so it may be a virus but first I have never even heard of the antivirus hitman. So first I start to believe that it is not a very good anti virus. So I would google Malwarebytes & Spybot Search & Destroy they are pretty ok anti virus programs but they have failed me a few times but if you want the good anti virus I would get ESET NOD32 that is what I currently use and I have used it for about a year and no viruses have gotten through and it is very good at removing viruses too but the scan isn't exactly fast is you have a lot of data but to download this you need an account but I do not want to post it on a forum I would rather email the account information so not anyone can read it and eset also works with windows mail and blocks viruses that come though there too and it blocks sites known to get viruses if you want the account just email me (My email is on my profile info) and I will send it but if you don't want ESET you can always go with the other two but I really recommended ESET

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:25 AM

Hi, I think my post on the Malware removal forum has been ignored because I ran combofix on my computer before I joined this website.

We would never ignore your topic because of running ComboFix. The trouble is the large amount of logs vrs available helpers - especially around the holidays. Please be patient and someone should be with you shortly.

As you do have an active log open, this topic is closed. Please follow only the advice of the helper that takes your log. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks,
rigel

@ NuckenFutz

I do not want to post it on a forum I would rather email the account information so not anyone can read it and eset also works with windows mail and blocks viruses that come though there too and it blocks sites known to get viruses if you want the account just email me (My email is on my profile info) and I will send it but if you don't want ESET you can always go with the other two but I really recommended ESET

That is not the way the forum works here at BleepingComputer. All advice given should remain visible on the forum. That way all advise given can be monitored by staff for ease of use and saftey for the user. Please refrain from offering this type of help in the future.

Edited by rigel, 27 December 2010 - 08:33 AM.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users