Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iexplore.exe virus/trojan and possibly something else

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Skywind

Skywind

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:35 AM

Alright A few hours ago i clicked a bad link, and ended up with installing a virus called My Security Shield and i used Bleeping removal procedures and got that done. Then I couldnt run firebox or IE due to proxys, So I went into options and turned proxy off. But there was a problem for IE.. When i went to the tools windows, sometimes the window would automatically close, and when i open it again immediately after, it closes VERY fast. As if someone was waiting for me to open it again. Anyhow, i eventually got through that and had internet through IE again. Then avast detected 2 trojan attacks that were blocked that came from iexplore.exe. Also earlier I was trying to delete the iexplore.exe that was the R killer program and the window continously closed for no reason as well. Later I started watching anime in a full screen, then the window minimized and said it lost its focus to iexplore.exe. I was not running internet explorer and rarely do, so i checked processes running and iexplore.exe was leeching CPU. I closed it. I also did a search for iexplore.exe on my computer and removed weird .pf iexplore files, as well as iexplore.exes found in \WINDOWS... path. I continued to watch anime then poof it happened again. This time iexplore.exe did not suck up any CPU. So i closed it again. Went back to watching anime, poof it happened again, but this time it minimized for absolutely no reason at all, since it did not say it lost its focus to anything and iexplore was not running.

I tried googling solutions for removing this iexplore.exe but didnt find anything useful. I'm using windows XP.

I would prefer not to re format my computer.

Edit: I have just tried streaming anime and using full screen. It becomes minimized again for no reason at all.

Edited by Skywind, 27 December 2010 - 12:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users