Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDD Low

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 silkymooshes

silkymooshes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:36 PM

We are using Windows XP. After visiting a site today, on startup, we have a window that comes up as "HDD Low" and tries to scan our computer. It keeps telling us that our RAM is dangerously low. It shows up as an icon on the desktop. I have tried deleting it and then deleting it from the recycle bin and restarting the computer... doesn't work. Found it in the programs, deleted it from there, deleted it from the recycle bin again, rebooted... still there. I even tried running rkill and malwarebytes... rkill finds some things, I reboot the computer, but the HDD Low window still comes up on startup. We haven't downloaded anything today. It's quite irritating. Any ideas??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ghinmi

ghinmi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:31 PM

If it makes you feel any better I'm in the same boat. In addition to all the things you mentioned I'm getting all sorts of critical errors like "hard drive not found. Missing hard drive", "Windows can't findhard disc space. Hard drive error", and other things to that effect. Everything is still functioning perfectly so I know that can't be true. I'm on Windows 7.

#3 mark ingram

mark ingram

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:59 AM

HI ther i,m a new user and i need some help, i keep getting smart hdd on my laptop and can you help me to fix this please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users