Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burned Dvd-rws Won't Work In Dvd-rom

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Paracitefluke

Paracitefluke

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:53 PM

Hi, recently I went to the store to buy some DVD-RWs. I used them for data storage. After I burned the DVD with the data on it, I tried it out on my DVD-ROM drive, and nothing shows up. Then my computer freezes never stopping or loading the cd, until I eject it then my computer will eventually go back to normal.

Is it because it's a DVD-RW? Or because of the burning program? I'm sure it's not the DVD-ROM drive because I watch my DVD movies at the computer sometimes. What is going on? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Saxif

Saxif

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:18 PM

Some burners have problems writing discs that are easily read on other readers, but usually, you can still read them on the same burner that made them in the first place. This type of situation is considerable less common today than it was when DVD drives were newly introduced, but I guess it can still happen. Take your burned DVD to another computer and see what happens there. Your burner can read commercially produced DVDs, so I'm pretty sure it's just not writing them properly.

You might want to do a bit of research on the manufacturer's web site as well.

#3 Salo

Salo

• Banned
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:24 PM

Yes its common with dvdrw's made by foreign manufacutrers. Often of cheap labor and materials. The reasonable price to look for in dvdrw's is probably 20 for 10 bucks or so.

#4 Paracitefluke

Paracitefluke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2005 - 05:46 AM

Some burners have problems writing discs that are easily read on other readers, but usually, you can still read them on the same burner that made them in the first place. This type of situation is considerable less common today than it was when DVD drives were newly introduced, but I guess it can still happen. Take your burned DVD to another computer and see what happens there. Your burner can read commercially produced DVDs, so I'm pretty sure it's just not writing them properly.

You might want to do a bit of research on the manufacturer's web site as well.

It still doesn't read it on the own burner, so possibly it's the writing software?

Edited by Paracitefluke, 09 December 2005 - 05:53 AM.

#5 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 10 December 2005 - 09:42 PM

Dear Para,

Burning DVD's for data is mostly easy. What are you using for a burning program?

That comment on foreign drives are worse is garbage. I bought a $125 Plextor (USA product) DVD/CD RW paperweight I would love to insert into the CEO.

I love my country and I have served but quality it quality. If you want the best burners Sony has the reigns. I don't know who makes the drives for Sony but they are great! No bull burners!

I have two Sony's one for CD's and one for DVD's. No problem!

Now, your problem. I use Nero for most of my CD data stuff and DVD Shrink/DVD decoder for my DVD burning stuff.

Let me know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#6 Paracitefluke

Paracitefluke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:20 PM

Dear Para,

Burning DVD's for data is mostly easy. What are you using for a burning program?

That comment on foreign drives are worse is garbage. I bought a $125 Plextor (USA product) DVD/CD RW paperweight I would love to insert into the CEO.

I love my country and I have served but quality it quality. If you want the best burners Sony has the reigns. I don't know who makes the drives for Sony but they are great! No bull burners!

I have two Sony's one for CD's and one for DVD's. No problem!

Now, your problem. I use Nero for most of my CD data stuff and DVD Shrink/DVD decoder for my DVD burning stuff.

Let me know,

junkdk :thumbsup:

I use Nero as well. I also tried DVD Shrink for burning stuff. But I think the Nero is broken. But the DVDRW drive can burn CD-RWs, but not DVDRWs, also I'm using DVD-.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users