Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

steam problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HonestAbe

HonestAbe

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:59 PM

i started up my computer today after buying the splinter cell pack, and i get this:

Steam.exe (main exception): CMultiFieldBlob(pSerialised): Bad Field - extends past the end of blob

...wtf?!?! i cant launch and i cant do anything with steam. whats wrong?
"Cogeto Ergo Sum"
I think, therfore i am.
Guns dont kill people, stupid people kill people.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:23 PM

Uninstall steam, and reinstall it. If the problem is just the game, you can always run the game check and it'll repair the game.

Make sure if there's a keep data thing for steam, you make sure you keep all the data you can, so you can reinstall steam, and not to have to reinstall and download all your game files.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users