Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

search engine redirect virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 downinarizonabay

downinarizonabay

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 26 December 2010 - 12:38 PM

Hi, I have recently picked up something that causes the results of my search engine searches to be redirected to other sites. This happens in both Firefox and IE. I've been hesitant to test this out too much, but one site it redirected me to was "Theclickcheck.com", although I've gotten redirected to other weird sites, like real estate search engines, etc. The google results are redirected about 50% of the time; bing.com results are redirected maybe 25% of the time. I've run malwarebytes and AVG. AVG didn't detect anything. Malwarebytes found "heuristics.malware". I quaranteened and restarted my computer, but the problem persists. I've also looked at other forums describing the google redirect and don't have "TDSSserv.sys" under my device manager.

Suggestions for what this is and how to remove it?

Edited by hamluis, 26 December 2010 - 03:41 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garryus7

garryus7

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:30 PM

I am having the same problem. I started a topic last week and no one seems to be able to help.
Now im getting a blocked domain msg when trying to open certain websites.

#3 LinniVisay

LinniVisay

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:32 AM

You probably both do have a virus, and it's of a fairly common and stubborn family. I had exactly the same problem a while back, and I came here for help. Go to the Malware Removal Forum and post your threads there, but READ THIS GUIDE FIRST.

The Malware removal peeps here are great, but expect to wait a little while for a response. There's a lot more people that need help than there are trained helpers. Also it's the holiday season, so less people are on hand. If you can be patient, and you follow the guides, you'll get great help :)

garryus7, you might want to include a list of domains you can't access when you post your problem in the Malware Removal Forum

Malware Removal Forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

You may also want to check out this thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic182397.html

Edited by LinniVisay, 28 December 2010 - 04:37 AM.

-_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_-

Words Words Words Words Words Words Words

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users