Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Battery Wont Charge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Christinamn

Christinamn

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:29 AM

I recently received a battery as a gift from http://www.batteriesovernight.com On the back of the battery it says (Replace TYPE GD761 Li-ion 11.1V 4400mAh)My computer is a DELL Vostro 1000.

The instructions it came with were pretty basic and they said for me to insert the battery, and let it discharge (run until it goes completely dead) And than to plug in the power adapter to the laptop. When I first inserted the battery it did show the battery icon on the bottom right toolbar (located by the clock). However when I went to plug power adapter to my laptop it didn't show a battery icon like it did before therefore I assume it wasn't charging? The power adapter is the one that came with the computer when I first purchased it. Is there a rule that the power adapter needs to match up to the battery?

If you need anymore information I will be checking back on this post as often as possible so I can try to resolve this problem with the battery.

Thank you

Tina

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:35 PM

hi,the site said to let it go dead before plugging it in.right ,so do that, and leave it off,plug in the charger let it charge for a few hrs before turning it back on ,see what happens good luck

Edited by caperjac, 26 December 2010 - 01:36 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 Christinamn

Christinamn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

Hello,

I am waiting for a new power adapter to arrive in the mail. I hope that solves my problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users