This is my first time posting to this forum. I have an emachines laptop, E725, purchased in March 2010. Last week, the computer started running very slowly, then would take a very long time to respond to a command. Sometimes now there is no response at all. I contacted emachines support, and they advised to do a system recovery and sent me to this page for instructions:
Q: How do I reinstall the Operating System on the computer?
A: Select models have the ability to have the operating system reinstalled from a hidden drive built into the computer. To start the system recovery:
1. Restart the computer
2. When the eMachines logo appears on the screen, press the Alt and F10 keys repeatedly.
3. When prompted with a boot screen, hit the Enter key.
4. After the system recovery program has loaded, follow the prompts to reinstall the operating system.
If the ability to reinstall from the previous method is not available or fails during the recovery, recovery of the operating system will need to be from Recovery Media.
1. Insert the disk labeled System CD into the computer's disk drive and restart the computer.
2. When the eMachines logo appears on the screen, press the F12 key repeatedly.
3. Select either CDROM or DVD as the boot device, this may vary depending on the system.
4. When prompted for the Recovery CD, remove the System CD and insert the Recovery CD.
Note: If there are multiple Recovery CDs, please insert the first Recovery CD.
5. After the system recovery program has loaded follow the prompts to reinstall the operating system.
I'm worried about doing this because I do not have a disk label "System CD" as said in the instructions above. I have kept the laptop box, receipt and paper work that came with it, and there is no CD. Any advice on how I should proceed?
Thank you for any help!
Edited to add the Operating system is windows 7.
Edited by Angie001, 26 December 2010 - 12:55 AM.