Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Re-mapping A Folder To A Drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:21 PM

Hey All,

Simple question about mapping a desktop folder to a folder on a shared drive.

I have the My Documents folder set up wrong. Right now it is set up as a shortcut to a folder on the shared drive. It should be mapped to that folder. The icons in it all show as being shortcuts(because, technically, they are - but if it was mapped correctly, onle a few of them would show up as shortcuts).

I set the folders up this way because I was in a hurry. I'm almost sure that if I was to map the network drive to the My Documents folder properly, only the icons that are actual shortcuts would appear as such.

Anybody have info on un-mapping/un-shortcutting, and then re-mapping a folder while preserving the data stored in it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:15 PM

Open Windows Explorer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click "map network drive"

Is that what you meant?

If not, click start/help