Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm curious about a particular individual in my circle

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:29 PM

Hi,
I wasn't sure when the right time to tell experts about this was, but I've decided it's now or else I'm going to go crazy. I have a few very talented geeks in my circle of friends and acquaintances, and there's one dude in particular who I'm not sure if I should concern myself with him or not. He's blind like me, in fact his vision's worse than mine, but he seems to be holding expert knowledge back. He can program, and my other friend says that he had to clean up his computer from his own creations, and the viruses this guy creates, seemingly for fun, are really not harmful, but they do pose annoyances for users. For instance, another one of his crew created the random cursing virus which for like a minute or so, shoots insults at the user up and down the screen. I dared the guy to send me a copy, (so I could send it to Eset, of course), and he won't. He has also talked of creating things much more sinister, yet he's a nice enough guy. I'm not concerned with him attacking me, for he knows that you don't mess with Chromebuster, and if you do, you get in hot water, so I'm asking you folks what to do about people like this. What about others whom he might want to mess with? How can I stop him? This guy also claims that there is a way to access the BIOS from inside the OS after it is booted up just for your information. Any advice you have would be great. Thanks.

Chromebuster

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:37 PM

In my opinion, people who boast that they can hack and such, can't really hack. I don't see why anybody would risk telling even their friends about hacking/viruses if they're planning on some big project to hurt people.

#3 chromebuster

chromebuster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:01 PM

I don't know if he'd hurt anyone, it's just that he's pretty good an annoying folks, and the other guy said that his computer was pretty nasty looking after all of his testing. I take it that it means he was planning mischief, and he forgot to safeguard his own system from it? I have actually seen him hacking fursthand. He does it right in front of me, in fact. Usually, he's just fooling around, which I don't mind if folks do even to me. But when will the day come where his ego gets the better of him? And not to mention the SubSeven/BO-like RAT he claims to have had fun tricking and prank-pulling strangers with. I mean, is that something to worry about if he doesn't show off his stuff to folks? I mean, if one is a programmer, even for fun, would you not expect them to want to show off? That's what makes me think that he's got something wrong with his conscience. Even the interesting information, such as how to access the BIOS from inside the OS, he won't tell anyone about. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#4 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:07 PM

I guess it boils down to innocent until proven otherwise.
There is not much you can do. Other than observe.
Like if you try and confront a criminal before any crime has occurred, it might just cause him to be more cautious and secretive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users