Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan horse Agent_r.XJ

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 dici59

dici59

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:18 AM

I am following "Trojan horse Agent_r.XJ on system processes Do not know how to remove it" between Returned Hero and Mole... I am at the ESET Online Scanner Stage. I was doing well until now because ESET has found 17 infected files and it's not finished yet. I am hoping that these are dormant etc. I am wondering if I keep following the instructions and after ESET has finished, whether I continue and simply start the uninstall of ComboFix etc. The thread stops dead though, I have no idea if Returned Hero is a happy camper or out buying a new computer! LOL
I have saved all txt files for the various scans by the various programs that Mole instructed to use. I know it's Christmas Eve, so I imagine patience for the Holiday Season is advised.
I will await instruction... Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dici59

dici59
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:38 AM

Now as I read through all the forums, I realize that I was NOT supposed to do any of this... how I found the thread was by "googling" the name of the threat when AVG detected it. Google took me straight to thread... I did try to register but for some reason BC wouldn't let me, I tried emailing an admin as advised and received back a reply that the email address was not good etc. ESET still running (10 hours into it as it is doing my backup drive as well) so I have had lots of time to read through this site. I am a member by another name, but could not remember the password and I have changed servers due to moving etc. I imagine at some point one of the helpers is going to take me back to Step 1 which I will do and have everything ready. In the meantime, Happy Holidays!

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:32 AM

Well, it seems that you eventually were able to register an account here, so welcome.

Please follow this guide for creating a DDS log file and then post the log here for analysis.

And yes, holiday patience is advised. :)

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:33 AM

Reference: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic369301.html/page__p__2068991#entry2068991

Now that you have properly posted a malware log topic...from this point forward, you should take all instructions only from members of the Malware Response Team in the Malware Removal Logs forum (where the above thread is).

To prevent confusion, I am closing this topic...good luck :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users