There are some minor things in your online scan that should be removed.delete files
- Copy all text in the quote box (below)...to Notepad.
del /f /s /q "C:\WINDOWS\gendel32.exe"
del /f /s /q "C:\WINDOWS\Installer\2a3b7.msi"
del /f /s /q "E:\soft\Nero 184.108.40.206 Premium\Toolbar.exe"
del /f /s /q "E:\soft\security\spyware\noadware.exe"
del /f /s /q "E:\soft\security\spyware\worm removal -31st aug 07\registry fix\registryfix.exe"
del /f /s /q "E:\soft\security\virus removal\noadware.exe"
del /f /s /q "E:\soft\security\virus removal\registryfix.exe"
del /f /s /q "E:\soft\Utilities\Registry cleaner\registryfix.exe"
- Save the Notepad file on your desktop...as delfile.bat... save type as "All Files"
It should look like this: <--XP<--vista
- Double click on delfile.bat to execute it.
A black CMD window will flash, then disappear...this is normal.
- The files and folders, if found...will have been deleted and the "delfile.bat" file will also be deleted.
Very well done!! This is my general post for when your logs show no more signs of malware - Please let me know if you still are having problems with your computer and what these problems are.
The following procedure will implement some cleanup procedures. It will also reset your System Restore by flushing out previous restore points and create a new restore point. It will also remove all the backups our tools may have made.Any programs and logs that are left over you can just be deleted from the desktop.
TFC is a free temp file cleaner that is very easy to use, I would keep this and use before you do any scans or when you want to free up some space.:DeFogger:
- To re-enable your Emulation drivers, double click DeFogger to run the tool.
- The application window will appear
- Click the Re-enable button to re-enable your CD Emulation drivers
- Click Yes to continue
- A 'Finished!' message will appear
- Click OK
- DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OK
Your Emulation drivers are now re-enabled.:Uninstall ComboFix:
- turn off all active protection software
- push the "windows key" + "R" (between the "Ctrl" button and "Alt" Button)
- please copy and past the following into the box ComboFix /Uninstall and click OK.
- Note the space between the X and the /Uninstall, it needs to be there.
Please download OTCleanIt
and save it to desktop. This tool will remove all the tools we used to clean your pc.
- Double-click OTCleanIt.exe.
- Click the CleanUp! button.
- Select Yes when the "Begin cleanup Process?" prompt appears.
- If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
- The tool will delete itself once it finishes, if not delete it by yourself.
- If asked to restart the computer, please do so
If you receive a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding OTCleanIt
attempting to contact the internet, please allow it to do so.:clear system restore points:
This is a good time to clear your existing system restore points and establish a new clean restore point:
- Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
- Select Create a restore point, and Ok it.
- Next, go to Start > Run and type in cleanmgr
- choose your root drive (normally C:)
- after it calculates how much space you will save it will open up a new window
- Select the More options tab at the top of the window
- Choose the option to clean up system restore and OK it.
- go back to the disk clean up tab
- put a checkmark in all - except compress old files (leave this unchecked)
- click Ok then click yes
This will remove all restore points except the new one you just created and clean unneeded files:Make your Internet Explorer more secure:
:Make Firefox more secure:
- From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
- Click once on the Security tab
- Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
- Click once on the Custom Level button.
- Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
- Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
- Change the Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
- Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
- Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
- When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
- If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
please visit this page to explain how to make Firefox more secure - How to Secure FirefoxMake sure your applications have all of their updates
It is also possible for other programs on your computer to have security vulnerability that can allow malware to infect you. Therefore, it is also a good idea to check for the latest versions of commonly installed applications that are regularly patched to fix vulnerabilities. You can check these by visiting Secunia Software Inspector :Turn On Automatic Updates:
Turn On Automatic Updates
1. Click Start
, click Run,
, and then press ENTER
2. Click the Automatic Updates
tab, and then click to select one of the following options. We recommend that you select the Automatic (recommended)
Automatically download recommended updates for my computer and install them
If you click this setting, click to select the day and time for scheduled updates to occur. You can schedule Automatic Updates for any time of day. Remember, your computer must be on at the scheduled time for updates to be installed. After you set this option, Windows recognizes when you are online and uses your Internet connection to find updates on the Windows Update Web site or on the Microsoft Update Web site that apply to your computer. Updates are downloaded automatically in the background, and you are not notified or interrupted during this process. An icon appears in the notification area of your taskbar when the updates are being downloaded. You can point to the icon to view the download status. To pause or to resume the download, right-click the icon, and then click Pause or Resume. When the download is completed, another message appears in the notification area so that you can review the updates that are scheduled for installation. If you choose not to install at that time, Windows starts the installation on your set schedule.
or visit http://www.windowsupdate.com
regularly. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates. :antispyware programs:
I would reccomend the download and installation of some or all of the following programs (all free), and the updating of them regularly
- WinPatrol As a robust security monitor, WinPatrol will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge.
- Spyware Blaster - By altering your registry, this program stops harmful sites from installing things like ActiveX Controls on your machines.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a new and powerful anti-malware tool. It is
totally free but for real-time protection you will have to pay a small one-time fee. We used this to help clean your computer and recomend keeping it and using often.
Here is some great reading about how to be safer online:PC Safety and Security - What Do I Need?
from my friends at Tech Support Forum
and COMPUTER SECURITY - a short guide to staying safer online
from my friends at Malware RemovalI'd be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can then be closed.
I Will Keep This Open For About Three Days, If Anything Comes Up - Just Come Back And Let Me Know, after that time you will have to send me a PM
My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->
<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.Gringo