Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't restore OS, event sounds changed, sound problems, web history won't delete on exit

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tyronicus5000

tyronicus5000

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

Hello, I noticed first that my web history will no longer delete when I exit the internet (even though I have it set to delete on exit but it will allow me to manually do it)and when I was online it added places on my computer I visited to my web history tab. Then I noticed that my windows event sounds have changed from stringed instruments to chimes and I did not do that, sound cuts out for videos and games when it never has before. I tried to restore to an earlier point and get a message saying that all of my restore points up to today can't be found in backup. I have attached a screenshot of the message I get when I try to restore to an earlier point.

A friend told me to try malware bytes after I posted this, I downloaded it. AVG said it was several infections, I got lots of errors on my screen (could not find file)uninstalled it, and it made me reboot to get rid of it... Now maybe I'm really infected?... Lamelamelamelamelame

Attached Files

Edited by tyronicus5000, 24 December 2010 - 04:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users