Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Failed to connect to ESO servers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 acornman37

acornman37

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:30 PM

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but it's definitely an internet problem.

Started happening several days ago...

When I try to play multiplayer on Age of Empires 3 vanilla it always says "Failed to connect to ESO servers" after hanging for a little big on the "Connecting to ESO..." part.

My internet is working fine, as I can browse and play other online games without a hitch.

I've tried turning off windows firewall, disabling windows security essential real time protection, and turning off the verizon router firewall.
I've tried port forwarding, resetting my routers, and system restore, no results.
I tried playing on a different computer on the same network, and got the same problem, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with just my computer. I know the servers aren't down because my friend was playing at his house during this time no problem.

Grrr what should I do? Suggestions? Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acornman37

acornman37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

I finally contacted verizon FIOS support....they refreshed my WAN connection and everything works fine now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users