Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NO video players work (already updated driver)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xFreshx

xFreshx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:49 PM

I just upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 32-bit and NONE of my video players(vlc, windows media, divx, quicktime). I can stream videos online, but any time I try to play any files from my harddrive whatever player I use freezes up. Sometimes if I wait I will hear the audio, but the player itself is still frozen and no video will play. I tried updating my video driver, but it didn't help. I've tried every combination of file and player, but nothing works.

Processor: Intel® Pentium®4 CPU 3.00GHz

Installed memory(RAM): 2.50 GB

Videocard: GeForce 6200 TurboCAche™

I also have well over 100 GB of free space on my harddrive.

Edited by xFreshx, 24 December 2010 - 01:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blathnat

Blathnat

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:17 PM

Did you check your machine on the Microsoft website for any compatibility issues before upgrading?

Win 7 also has a system diagnostic that can pinpoint any problems as well. I'm on XP at the moment and I can't remember where to navigate to it. The search function should turn it up under performance.

#3 xFreshx

xFreshx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:39 PM

Yes and there are no problems listed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users