Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Msconfig Mistake (disabled Sys.ini And Lost Drivers...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ing3

ing3

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:53 PM

msconfig problem, i disabled system i ini and win.ini

The reason for this was to make pc run and load faster, it does but i have lost all my drivers.

I go into device manager and nothing appears.

I cant use system restoe becase i have low harddrive spase and the monitors were turned off.

i have a 500gb external usb harddrive but usb drivers are malfuctioning.

I also lost my networking drivers, I i could only get online i could get my drivers back by downloading

I have a wireless usg interface, i installed the driver cd and it still dont work,i just need help toget my drivers back on for that i can atleast listem to sonund, music and surf the net.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:34 PM

You might try running repair from the Windows XP install disk, if you have one or can borrow one.

Insert disc in cd drive, start computer and it should boot from disk, if not restart computer, go into bios and change boot order to have cd drive ahead of hard drive.

When the screen comes up asking if you want to run the repair console, select no. The next choice will be to reinstall or repair current os. Choose repair.

This should install at least basic drivers for everything, at least enough to get you onto the Internet to dowload updated drivers for those devices that might need it.

One question, how much ram does your computer have? If you are looking to speed your computer up, adding ram is always something to think about. It's cheap these days.

#3 ing3

ing3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:36 AM

thanks for the advice, i belive it will work

i have 645mb ram 1.7p4processor, ,thanks for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users