What if you wanted your cdrom or hard drive to be a different letter? You can do this by following these steps:
- Right click on My Computer and then click on the Manage option.
- Under Computer Management in the Storage subsection you will see Disk Management. Click on Disk Management and you will see a list of your installed storage devices in the right section of the window.
- Right click on the drive that you would like to change the drive letter for and select Change Drive Letter and Paths....
- When the next screen comes up, click once on the drive letter that is shown and then click on the Change button
- Select a new drive letter from the drop down box and press OK.
- Windows will ask for a confirmation as to whether or not you would like to continue. Press the Yes button to continue changing the button.
Warning: Be aware that if you change the letter of a drive the programs that were installed on that drive may not work properly afterwards.