Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NvCpl - YANZ.B worm ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 claireinbude

claireinbude

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:53 PM

Hello there.
I'd appreciate your assistance in understanding my HiJackThis report. Do I have a problem, or not?

I've recently done what I should have done a long time ago, and created a User Account without Admin rights. Since then I have experienced a few problems with programmes needing Admin rights - and have been able to resolve them by using 'Run As'. However, whenever I log on I receive 'Desktop Explorer error' telling me that Admin rights are required and I am unable to identify what it may be that is generating this error.

So, I decided to have a look at what is running at startup, checking via Google (frequently Bleeping Computer)as to whether specific items were necessary or not. I believe that I have identified quite a few which I can safely uncheck. Also, one (jusched) which was identified variously as Java Update or W32/Sdbot-CQC and another (NvCpl) which might be YANZ.B worm.

I then spoke with No1.son who is an IT man (but lives 100+ miles away). He recommended that I download and run HiJackThis and post the results somewhere sensible - hence my joining Bleeping Computer and this post. I'd appreciate any guidance you can give me.

Seasons Greetings,
Claire

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.

If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
  • Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:

Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice

Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:

How to create a GMER log

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

#3 claireinbude

claireinbude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

Many thanks for your reply Casey_boy.
I've tried to follow your instructions - not that it all went smoothly I'm afraid.
1) I don't know if I have any script blocking tools.
2) I don't believe that I have any CD emulation sw - but I don't know.
3) When I ran DDS I received the following error:
Windows Script Host
Script: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\MSGB.PIF
Line: 3
Char: 1
Error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
Code: 800A01AD
Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error

The notepad files were created and I will attach. Apologies - The file names may not be what you were expecting. The box which should apparently have instructed me what to do did not open. (I don't know if that's what the above error was about.

4) When attempting to run GMER I received the following errors:
LoadDriver("C:DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\kgroqpog.sys")error 0xC0000061: Access is denied
and
C:\WINDOWS\System32\config\system:The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

The GMER window did open but it had several options greyed out so I was not able to check or uncheck boxes to make it look like the one in Fig 13 of your excellent guide.

I thought that the cause might be that I was running it from my limited access account so I used 'Run As' to allow it to run as my admin account and then received the following error:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\gmer.exe
Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

Many thanks for your efforts.
Happy New Year to you.
Claire

Attached Files

#4 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:17 PM

Hello

My name is gringo and I will be Helping you from this point forward

Somethings to remember while we are working together.

NOTE** MOST OF THE TOOLS WE USE NEED TO BE RUN AS ADMIN

• Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!
  • Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes unless I tell you so.
  • Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.
  • Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.
  • Do not run anything while running a fix.

If you have not done so please Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.

before we go and fix the things in hijackthis lets do a quick check and make sure nothing is on the system

Please print out these instructions, or copy them to a Notepad file. It will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps..

uninstall some programs

1. click on start
2. then go to settings
3. after that you need control panel
4. look for the icon add/remove programs
click on the following programs

Adobe Reader 9.4.1
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_03
Java™ 6 Update 13
Java™ 6 Update 2
Java™ 6 Update 22<-- do not remove
Java™ 6 Update 3
Java™ 6 Update 4
Java™ 6 Update 5
Java™ 6 Update 7

and click on remove

Update Adobe Reader

Recently there have been vunerabilities detected in older versions of Adobe Reader. It is strongly suggested that you update to the current version.

You can download it from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
After installing the latest Adobe Reader, uninstall all previous versions.
If you already have Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition installed or do not wish to have it installed UNcheck the box which says Also Download Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition.

If you don't like Adobe Reader (33.5 MB), you can download Foxit PDF Reader(3.5MB) from here. It's a much smaller file to download and uses a lot less resources than Adobe Reader.

Note: When installing FoxitReader, be carefull not to install anything to do with AskBar.
[/list]
Clear your Java Cache

• click on Start-> Control Panel (Classic View)-> Java (looks like a coffee cup)
    • On the General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings button.
    • Next, click on the Delete Files button
    • There are two options in the window to clear the cache - Leave BOTH Checked
      Applications and Applets
      Trace and Log Files
  • Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window
    Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.
  • Click OK to leave the Temporary Files Window
  • Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel.

TFC(Temp File Cleaner):

• Please download TFC to your desktop,
  • Save any unsaved work. TFC will close all open application windows.
  • Double-click TFC.exe to run the program.
  • If prompted, click "Yes" to reboot.
Note: Save your work. TFC will automatically close any open programs, let it run uninterrupted. It shouldn't take longer take a couple of minutes, and may only take a few seconds. Only if needed will you be prompted to reboot.

: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware :

• Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply
    • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Eset Online Scanner

**Note** You will need to use Internet explorer for this scan

Go Eset web page to run an online scannner from ESET.

• Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
  • click on the ESET Online Scanner button
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
    • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the activex control to install
    • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked and the Scan Archives option is ticked.
  • Click on Advanced Settings, ensure the options
    Scan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications, and Enable Anti-Stealth Technology are ticked.
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\Eset\Eset Online Scanner\log.txt
Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic

"information and logs"

• In your next post I need the following

• Log From MBAM
  • Log From ESET Online Scanner
  • let me know of any problems you may have had
  • How is the computer doing now?

Gringo

Edited by gringo_pr, 31 December 2010 - 10:20 PM.

I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know

If I Have Not Replied To One Of My Topics In 48 Hrs Please Bump The Topic

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->btn_donate_SM.gif<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

Proud Graduate Of Malware Removal University

#5 claireinbude

claireinbude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:10 PM

Hello Gringo.

Happy New Year to you and thank you for having a look at my computer problem.

I believe that I have now followed all steps as directed:

1) Uninstall some programs - Done
- No problems
- No observations

2) Update Adobe Reader - Done
- No problems
- Observations - I did not see a checkbox relating to Photoshop Album Starter
- Using my normally limited account (given administration rights to enable these activities) the pc was exceedingly slow to start up - after three or four minutes, the desktop was fully populated but the egg-timer was still showing and there was no response to clicking on the Start button. I decided to close it down and start again (using Alt/Ctrl/Del) I needed to force close the following NVIDIA TwinView Window, ctfmon.exe & explorer.exe. I restarted the pc using my admin account and:

3) Clear Java Cache - Done
- No problems
- Observations -
- Restarted pc using my normally limited account (with temporary admin rights) and, again it was very slow - around three minutes to full startup.
- The only item showing in my Applications list on Windows Task Manager at this stage was iDrive 'Registry ToIni'

4) Download & Run TFC - Done
- No problems
- Observations - 1,975mb cleared

5) Download and run Malawarebytes' Anti-Malware - Done
- No problems
- Observations - 11 items found, mostly Adware, 1 Trojan.Agent - Log below

6) Eset Scan - Done
- No problems
- Observations - 8 items found - Log below
May I check understanding please? - You requested that the option to remove found threats be UNTICKED. Is this corect? Am I right in thinking that these threats therefore remain on my pc?

7) Information and logs as requested:
1. MBAM log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5434

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

01/01/2011 14:15:55
mbam-log-2011-01-01 (14-15-55).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 175687
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 28 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 12
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{00A6FAF1-072E-44CF-8957-5838F569A31D} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{07B18EA9-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{07B18EAB-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{25560540-9571-4D7B-9389-0F166788785A} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{2EFF3CF7-99C1-4c29-BC2B-68E057E22340} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{3DC201FB-E9C9-499C-A11F-23C360D7C3F8} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{63D0ED2C-B45B-4458-8B3B-60C69BBBD83C} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{98D9753D-D73B-42D5-8C85-4469CDA897AB} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{9FF05104-B030-46FC-94B8-81276E4E27DF} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{A6573479-9075-4A65-98A6-19FD29CF7374} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\Schemes\f3pss (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

2. ESET Scan log

ESETSmartInstaller@High as CAB hook log:
OnlineScanner.ocx - registred OK
# version=7
# iexplore.exe=8.00.6001.18702 (longhorn_ie8_rtm(wmbla).090308-0339)
# OnlineScanner.ocx=1.0.0.6419
# api_version=3.0.2
# EOSSerial=3f87e32aa9292e44b7f391c83bd52ceb
# end=finished
# remove_checked=false
# archives_checked=true
# unwanted_checked=true
# unsafe_checked=true
# antistealth_checked=true
# utc_time=2011-01-01 04:41:20
# local_time=2011-01-01 04:41:20 (+0000, GMT Standard Time)
# country="United Kingdom"
# lang=1033
# osver=5.1.2600 NT Service Pack 3
# compatibility_mode=1024 16777215 100 0 36641639 36641639 0 0
# compatibility_mode=1797 16775141 100 93 170915 30424823 8991 0
# compatibility_mode=8192 67108863 100 0 3747 3747 0 0
# scanned=128766
# found=8
# cleaned=0
# scan_time=8248
C:\hp\recovery\wizard\fscommand\AppRecoveryLink_ret.exe probably a variant of Win32/Spy.Agent.BMWSIKB trojan (unable to clean) 00000000000000000000000000000000 I
C:\hp\recovery\wizard\fscommand\CDLogic_ret.exe probably a variant of Win32/Spy.Agent.BMWSIKB trojan (unable to clean) 00000000000000000000000000000000 I
C:\hp\recovery\wizard\fscommand\CreatorLink_ret.exe probably a variant of Win32/Spy.Agent.BMWSIKB trojan (unable to clean) 00000000000000000000000000000000 I
C:\hp\recovery\wizard\fscommand\RestoreLink_ret.exe probably a variant of Win32/Spy.Agent.BMWSIKB trojan (unable to clean) 00000000000000000000000000000000 I
C:\hp\recovery\wizard\fscommand\RTCDLink_ret.exe probably a variant of Win32/Spy.Agent.BMWSIKB trojan (unable to clean) 00000000000000000000000000000000 I
C:\hp\recovery\wizard\fscommand\RunLink_ret.exe probably a variant of Win32/Spy.Agent.BMWSIKB trojan (unable to clean) 00000000000000000000000000000000 I
C:\hp\recovery\wizard\fscommand\SysRecoveryLink_ret.exe probably a variant of Win32/Spy.Agent.BMWSIKB trojan (unable to clean) 00000000000000000000000000000000 I
C:\hp\recovery\wizard\fscommand\WizardLink_ret.exe probably a variant of Win32/Spy.Agent.BMWSIKB trojan (unable to clean) 00000000000000000000000000000000 I

3. & 4. Problems / Observations detailed above.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Regards,
Claire

#6 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:51 PM

Hello Claire

Good Job!!

C:\hp\recovery\wizard this is what Eset was picking up on and is part of the files used to restore the computer and cannot be removed (they are not bad - just show you ads when they are used)

Now I would like to see a new Hijackthis report to see what I can remove

Gringo
I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->btn_donate_SM.gif<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

#7 claireinbude

claireinbude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:24 AM

Hi Gringo.

Here's my latest HiJackThis log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 10:21:41, on 02/01/2011
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trusteer\Rapport\bin\RapportMgmtService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S40RP7.EXE
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avshadow.exe
C:\Program Files\IDrive\IDriveWebM.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\TomTomHOMEService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
C:\Program Files\Trusteer\Rapport\bin\RapportService.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Multimedia Card Reader\shwicon2k.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon05.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Ad Muncher\AdMunch.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MI3AA1~1\rapimgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\IDrive\IDriveE Service.exe
C:\Program Files\IDrive\IDriveEBackground.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://gb10.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-gb10.hpwis.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://srch-gb10.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgssie.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.1.1309.3572\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O2 - BHO: EpsonToolBandKicker Class - {E99421FB-68DD-40F0-B4AC-B7027CAE2F1A} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: HP View - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpdtlk02.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: EPSON Web-To-Page - {EE5D279F-081B-4404-994D-C6B60AAEBA6D} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet /keeploaded /nodetect
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Sunkist2k] C:\Program Files\Multimedia Card Reader\shwicon2k.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD05] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\\{5372B9A6-6E51-4f90-9B40-E0A3B8475C4E}\hphupd05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon05] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad Muncher] "C:\Program Files\Ad Muncher\AdMunch.exe" /bt
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BackupNotify] c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\backupnotify.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RealPlayer] "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\realplay.exe" /RunUPGToolCommandReBoot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [H/PC Connection Agent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [IDriveE Startup] "C:\Program Files\IDrive\IDrvieEStartup.exe" Hide
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Acme.PCHButton] C:\PROGRA~1\HPPAVI~1\Pavilion\XPHWWBP4\plugin\bin\PCHButton.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Startup: IDrive Tray.lnk = C:\Program Files\IDrive\IDriveEReg2ini.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - ?p=ZK
O8 - Extra context menu item: Block frame with Ad Muncher - http://www.admuncher.com/request_will_be_intercepted_by/Ad_Muncher/browserextensions.pl?exbrowser=ie&exversion=2.0&pass=19W2Q3P4&id=menu_ie_frame
O8 - Extra context menu item: Block image with Ad Muncher - http://www.admuncher.com/request_will_be_intercepted_by/Ad_Muncher/browserextensions.pl?exbrowser=ie&exversion=2.0&pass=19W2Q3P4&id=menu_ie_image
O8 - Extra context menu item: Block link with Ad Muncher - http://www.admuncher.com/request_will_be_intercepted_by/Ad_Muncher/browserextensions.pl?exbrowser=ie&exversion=2.0&pass=19W2Q3P4&id=menu_ie_link
O8 - Extra context menu item: Don't filter page with Ad Muncher - http://www.admuncher.com/request_will_be_intercepted_by/Ad_Muncher/browserextensions.pl?exbrowser=ie&exversion=2.0&pass=19W2Q3P4&id=menu_ie_exclude
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Report page to the Ad Muncher developers - http://www.admuncher.com/request_will_be_intercepted_by/Ad_Muncher/browserextensions.pl?exbrowser=ie&exversion=2.0&pass=19W2Q3P4&id=menu_ie_report
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2iexp.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2iexp.dll
O9 - Extra button: Create Mobile Favorite - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI3AA1~1\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI3AA1~1\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Create Mobile Favorite... - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI3AA1~1\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {7530BFB8-7293-4D34-9923-61A11451AFC5} (OnlineScanner Control) - http://download.eset.com/special/eos/OnlineScanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {F04A8AE2-A59D-11D2-8792-00C04F8EF29D} (Hotmail Attachments Control) - http://by106fd.bay106.hotmail.msn.com/activex/HMAtchmt.ocx
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Canon Camera Access Library 8 (CCALib8) - Canon Inc. - C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
O23 - Service: EPSON V3 Service4(01) (EPSON_PM_RPCV4_01) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S40RP7.EXE
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate1ca0b9593f3edf0) (gupdate1ca0b9593f3edf0) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: IDriveE Service - Pro Softnet Corporation - C:\Program Files\IDrive\IDriveE Service.exe
O23 - Service: IDrive WebManager (IDriveWebM) - Pro-Softnet - C:\Program Files\IDrive\IDriveWebM.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Rapport Management Service (RapportMgmtService) - Trusteer Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Trusteer\Rapport\bin\RapportMgmtService.exe
O23 - Service: TomTomHOMEService - TomTom - C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\TomTomHOMEService.exe

--
End of file - 13681 bytes

Over to you!
B)

#8 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:54 AM

Fix HijackThis entries

Run HijackThis

If using Vista or Windows 7, you must right click (hijackthis.exe) and choose "Run As Administrator".
  • If you are on the Main Menu page... Click "Do a system scan only"
  • If you are on the "scan & fix stuff" page... Press the Scan...button.
  • When the scan finishes...Place a check mark next to the following entries (if they are still present)
  • Note: Only check those items listed below.

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = <http://gb10.hpwis.com/>
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = <http://srch-gb10.hpwis.com/>
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = <http://srch-gb10.hpwis.com/>
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - (no file)
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (no file)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet /keeploaded /nodetect
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Sunkist2k] C:\Program Files\Multimedia Card Reader\shwicon2k.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD05] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\\{5372B9A6-6E51-4f90-9B40-E0A3B8475C4E}\hphupd05.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon05] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon05.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BackupNotify] c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\backupnotify.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RealPlayer] "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\realplay.exe" /RunUPGToolCommandReBoot
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [H/PC Connection Agent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Acme.PCHButton] C:\PROGRA~1\HPPAVI~1\Pavilion\XPHWWBP4\plugin\bin\PCHButton.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - ?p=ZK

• After checking these items... CLOSE ALL open windows except HijackThis.
  • Click the Fix Checked ...button...to remove the entries you checked.
  • Choose YES...when prompted to fix the selected items.
  • Once it has fixed them, close HijackThis and reboot your computer normally.

Let me know how things are now

Gringo

Edited by gringo_pr, 02 January 2011 - 05:55 AM.

#9 claireinbude

claireinbude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:51 AM

Dear Gringo.

HiJackThis run and the items you listed removed as instructed. The error I was receiving on start-up has now gone. The system is starting more quickly.

Many thanks for your help.
Claire
:clapping:

#10 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:08 PM

Here are some thimgs to do to secure your system

:clear system restore points:

This is a good time to clear your existing system restore points and establish a new clean restore point:
  • Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
  • Select Create a restore point, and Ok it.
  • Next, go to Start > Run and type in cleanmgr
  • choose your root drive (normally C:)
  • after it calculates how much space you will save it will open up a new window
  • Select the More options tab at the top of the window
  • Choose the option to clean up system restore and OK it.
  • go back to the disk clean up tab
  • put a checkmark in all - except compress old files (leave this unchecked)
  • click Ok then click yes
This will remove all restore points except the new one you just created and clean unneeded files

:Make your Internet Explorer more secure:

• From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
  • Click once on the Security tab
  • Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
  • Click once on the Custom Level button.
  • Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
  • Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
  • Change the Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
  • Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
  • Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
  • When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
  • If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
    Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.

:Make Firefox more secure:

please visit this page to explain how to make Firefox more secure - How to Secure Firefox

Make sure your applications have all of their updates

It is also possible for other programs on your computer to have security vulnerability that can allow malware to infect you. Therefore, it is also a good idea to check for the latest versions of commonly installed applications that are regularly patched to fix vulnerabilities. You can check these by visiting Secunia Software Inspector

:Turn On Automatic Updates:

Turn On Automatic Updates
1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then press ENTER.
2. Click the Automatic Updates tab, and then click to select one of the following options. We recommend that you select the Automatic (recommended) Automatically download recommended updates for my computer and install them

If you click this setting, click to select the day and time for scheduled updates to occur. You can schedule Automatic Updates for any time of day. Remember, your computer must be on at the scheduled time for updates to be installed. After you set this option, Windows recognizes when you are online and uses your Internet connection to find updates on the Windows Update Web site or on the Microsoft Update Web site that apply to your computer. Updates are downloaded automatically in the background, and you are not notified or interrupted during this process. An icon appears in the notification area of your taskbar when the updates are being downloaded. You can point to the icon to view the download status. To pause or to resume the download, right-click the icon, and then click Pause or Resume. When the download is completed, another message appears in the notification area so that you can review the updates that are scheduled for installation. If you choose not to install at that time, Windows starts the installation on your set schedule.

or visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.

:antispyware programs:

I would reccomend the download and installation of some or all of the following programs (all free), and the updating of them regularly:

• WinPatrol As a robust security monitor, WinPatrol will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge.
  • Spyware Blaster - By altering your registry, this program stops harmful sites from installing things like ActiveX Controls on your machines.
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a new and powerful anti-malware tool. It is
    totally free but for real-time protection you will have to pay a small one-time fee. We used this to help clean your computer and recomend keeping it and using often.

Here is some great reading about how to be safer online:

PC Safety and Security - What Do I Need? from my friends at Tech Support Forum
and
COMPUTER SECURITY - a short guide to staying safer online from my friends at Malware Removal

I'd be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can then be closed.

I Will Keep This Open For About Three Days, If Anything Comes Up - Just Come Back And Let Me Know, after that time you will have to send me a PM

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->Posted Image<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

Gringo

#11 claireinbude

claireinbude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:45 PM

Thanks for the hints on securing my system. I'll get on with it tomorrow. (Logging off shortly.)

Many thanks again for all your help. I've made a small donation.

Claire
:thumbsup:

#12 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

Thank you it was very nice!!

and you are most welcome

Gringo

#13 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:30 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users