Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot delete a specific account in WIndows 7.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sbdblyss

sbdblyss

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:33 AM

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble deleting an extra administrator account I created using the Ultimate Boot Disk for Windows and a program used password renew. In the past, I have never had this problem occur. There are two accounts on the system, both administrator accounts. One account is original, and the newer one I created a few days ago. When I delete the account through the control panel-> user accounts, everything works properly. The account disappears and the users folder is deleted. I restart the computer, and the account reappears and is fully functional. I have searched google and this forum in order to find help before I bother you all, but I really appreciate you taking the time to read this. Thanks you.

Jake

EDIT: I cannot use the Management Console in order to modify accounts. The version of Windows 7 is Home Premium, which only allows you to modify user accounts through the control panel.

EDIT 2: I changed the name of the account, deleted it, and restarted the computer, but the name reverted to the original and the account reappeared.

Edited by sbdblyss, 23 December 2010 - 12:05 PM.

My mind isn't quite sure what it has bargained for, but my heart is in time with, with the consistency of Your's.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users