Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP home edition logoff-logon

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gwenboulet

gwenboulet

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:10 AM

Itīs my first post on here so hi everyone.

Iīve been scratching my head on a machine I have bought second hand and which runs Windows XP Home Edition (SP3).
The issue I have is that when I restart the machine, any file on the C drive, any program and any hardware I had installed before logging off just disappear.

Iīve tried looking into gpedit.msc, got it to run on the Home Edition, but that did not help me fix the problem. So there must be some sort of logon or logoff script in place but I donīt know where to look.

Any help would be welcome, I donīt want to format because the PC has an application installed for which I donīt have the install disc and since itīs a commercial piece of software for commercial use, getting a copy of that install disc is an issue.

G.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gwenboulet

gwenboulet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:42 PM

Ok well no one seems to know... But I figured it out by myself, and it wasn't a script, it was some piece of software...

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:23 PM

Glad you were able to resolve it...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users