Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet wont work after microsoft tried fixing my computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 maggot

maggot

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:11 AM

Recently I got a very bad virus on my computer and called Microsoft to help me fix it. After about four hours of them messing around with my computer remotely, they said they were not able to fix it. I have now removed the virus myself with help from some of the software this web site recommended but ever since microsoft was in my computer I am unable to get the internet. The internet was working just fine before they messed with it and no longer worked before I ever tried fixing the virus myself. I have tried Internet explorer as well ad Firefox and tried updating windows but the computer is getting no connection what so ever. Under my connection it says both local connection are unplugged. I have tried downloading the drivers for my ethernet adapter but it still doesn't work. Any one have any idea what Microsoft might have changed on my comp that made me lose my connection? Sorry about the long post and thanks in advanced !

Note:
All other computerss on my network have access to the internet. Also I have tried it at my friends house using his internet unsuccfully as well.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:51 AM

Hi -
Have you attempted to do 2 things - First , download Chrome as your browser - Or what browser is set as default ?? :huh:
Second , Just open I.Explorer > File > and see if they made you set "Work Offline" as the default option while they worked on the system - :o

Thank You -

#3 CohenTheBarbarian

CohenTheBarbarian

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:46 AM

This is a wired connection, correct? Under device manager, does your adapter have a yellow exclamation point next to it? Either way, trying uninstalling it first (right click, uninstall), then from the Action menu, scan for hardware changes, and it ought to reinstall it.

Are you still showing a cable is unplugged? Is the cable unplugged?

#4 maggot

maggot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:20 PM

Thanks a lot! Both of your suggestions seemed to have worked. This problem is solved. Thank you very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users