Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual Screen Computer Issue.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SeaRabbits

SeaRabbits

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:06 AM

Ok, general background is that I'm house sitting at a friend's house and they've left me their computers to use, and I can't reboot because I don't know the passwords.

What's frustrating (and embarrassing) me at the moment is that I can't activate one of the computers to use. It's a dual screen, (I'm assuming its windows 7), but when I press the monitor button to turn on, all I get is a desktop that is completely blank and I can't use it. I suspect that I would need to turn on the other screen? Does anyone know where the monitor button is on a Chimei monitor? (The other screen I can turn on is Samsung)... or is there something else I'm totally missing..

Argh. Any help would be much appreciated.

(Also sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, I'm not totally sure what it would go under)

Thanks.

Edited by SeaRabbits, 23 December 2010 - 01:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Doug E Fresh

Doug E Fresh

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:31 AM

I would go ahead and make sure everything is properly hooked up first. Maybe the monitor plug fell out of the back of the computer of something. If you look on the back of the monitor and find the model number I'm sure you'd be able to find the manual for it online. If worst comes to worst couldn't you just call your friend who owns the house and ask them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users