Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad Virus or Trojan Has Me at Wits End

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bill38

Bill38

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:04 AM

Hi,

This is my first post and I am desperate. My Vista laptop started acting funny almost 2 weeks ago. I ran several cleanup/antivirus programs and finally Trojan Remover(which ID'd the problem as Trojan Buzus.7596. Nothing else has even tried to ID it. About this time the computer became unresponsive to most attempts to remove the problem (i.e. exe files would do nothing). At that time I started loading all my cleanup, antivirus, etc. files on DVD's and executing them that way. I thought I was making headway, when those programs would not execute either. My next attempt was to use UBCD and fix the problem that way. Now the virus/Trojan won't even let me use the DVD drive anytime.

On my safe mode screen (which still works), I show build 6002, service pack 2. I tried using alternate techniques to start SuperAntispyware, but even when I did get it started, it would only run 2 minutes before shutting down.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

bill38

Edited by Orange Blossom, 23 December 2010 - 04:03 AM.
Moved from Vista to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users