Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Raid Disk Failed now won't get recognized

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnny 5 Alive

Johnny 5 Alive

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:43 PM

I had to identical 80GB Seagate SATA drives set up as a Raid, don't remember the number but they were a mirror of each other and Win XP Pro was on them, one was drive C and the start up. They were drives 3 & 4 in BIOS I had 2 IDE drives as 1 & 2. MOBO is ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe. Something failed on drive C, set BIOS to non RAID connected the mirror drive I believe that it was designated J changing the drive letter to C so the registry would still function. Some things still see that drive as J most don't including the system hardware.

I would like to put the drive back in the system, but each time I reconnect it the system either fails to start or takes 20 minutes to start and then nothing works correctly or spontaneous. I suspect that the system is seeing both drives as C and therefor goes nuts trying to figure out which one is the real C drive.

I have since installed Win 7 on a logical portion of one of the other drives. I have not tried to connect that drive using Win 7.

I think I may have a malicious software lurking somewhere on my home built system, but one issue at a time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yorkred

yorkred

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

I dunno if you ended up fixing this but make sure have the right boot order in the bios. you may have to boot from windows 7 dvd and screw around with diskpart (google diskpart if you don't know what it is)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users