Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help me

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 streetwatcher1993

streetwatcher1993

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:39 PM

Basically, for the past few weeks my computer has been having the blue screen show up more then possible. When my computer restarts it has red dots with green and their and sometimes both. And then sometimes it's just green while the other times it is just plain red dots. Anyways I'm trying to figure out the problem is, and i can't seem to figure out why my computer keeps crashing and why i cant play any games. I tried doing a system restore, but I do not think that it solved my computer problems. I also talked to mycleanpc.com, but they're service did not work either. I honestly don't know what to or how to solve this problem, it just seems as my computer will keep crashing constantly until it'll stop working. Please help me...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:09 PM

I can see couple of possible culprits:
- overheating
- video driver issue
- video card issue

Restart computer in Safe Mode and see, if your display is normal.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 streetwatcher1993

streetwatcher1993
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:15 PM

What do you mean as in normal? sometimes when i restart it, It will still give me red dots, sometimes green, and sometimes there won't be any. also I notice when the blue screen pops up, it says error: atikamdag.sys and then next to it has 0X000116...maybe that might help a little bit?

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:46 PM

Probably, you need to reinstall video driver.
That's why, I asked you to restart in Safe Mode and see, if you have no issues there.
If no issue in Safe Mode, then you need to reinstall video driver.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#5 streetwatcher1993

streetwatcher1993
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:34 PM

well see thats the thing...i start in safe mode and there is no problems...but when i restart again it will have those dots...should i do this when i log on or in safe mode...and do you mind possibly linking me to where i can download the newer, stable version of this video driver? (it's strange because, when i did try updating it, it still had those dots come up a while later).

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:03 PM

If you're trying to update it through Windows, forget it.

What's your computer brand and model?

My Website

#7 streetwatcher1993

streetwatcher1993
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:56 PM

I built my own computer back in June of last year, but sold it, as i needed some extra money. I currently own a Dell Studio XPS

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:00 PM

There is number of Studio XPS models. I need to know, which one.

My Website

#9 streetwatcher1993

streetwatcher1993
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:17 PM

Studio XPS 435MT

#10 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:36 PM

Is it Vista 64-bit?
If so, here is your desktop: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&os=WLH&osl=en&SystemID=STUDIOXPS435MT&catid=-1&impid=-1

There are several options under video driver, so we'll need to find out, which option you have.
I'll need Service Tag number from you.

My Website

#11 streetwatcher1993

streetwatcher1993
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:49 PM

My service tag # is-BK5G6K1

#12 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:51 PM

It still doesn't tell us, which video card you have (number of options).

• Go to Piriform's website, and click the big Posted Image button. Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
  • After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.
  • Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

Posted Image

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot You will see the following prompt:

Posted Image

Click Yes , then Copy to Clipboard

Posted Image

Now, right-click on any empty space in your reply box and click Paste.

You have just posted your specs!

My Website

#13 streetwatcher1993

streetwatcher1993
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:30 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/jL326OAOnLysyH1KX69NYN5

#14 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:49 PM

OK, you have to look at the back of your computer, where your monitor is connected.
If you have 1 DVI port, here is your driver: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R226478&SystemID=StudioXPS435MT&servicetag=BK5G6K1&os=WV64&osl=en&deviceid=17184&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=3&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=6&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=324508
If you have 2 DVI ports, here is your driver: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R200272&SystemID=StudioXPS435MT&servicetag=BK5G6K1&os=WV64&osl=en&deviceid=17183&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=6&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=279495

Download correct driver and (IMPORTANT!), read installation instructions on download page.

Now, go to Device Manager, uninstall current video driver (will be listed in "Display adapter" section) and install new one.

My Website

#15 streetwatcher1993

streetwatcher1993
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:34 PM

Ok, so after trying out a bunch of different solutions, I think it is my graphics card again I'm not sure. I'm also thinking that I should call a tech out and see if they can diagnose what is going on. But when i called them, they told me that instead of diagnosing what the problem is, the tech will just replace the video card and the hard drive. Also, my warranty would be voided if I opened up the case. What should I do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users