Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need A Free Ftp Site To Send Files?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bgardner

bgardner

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 06 December 2005 - 10:21 AM

I was sent an email from a fellow designer with a link to obtain a large file that is to big to email.

The site is called www.dropload.com

Basically what it is is you sign up with your email address and set a password

Once you log in you will be asked for a recipients email and a place to attach files

It automatically stores the file for 7 days on there site, and emails the person with a link to retrieve it.

Pretty cool and free

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 06 December 2005 - 11:04 AM

Here is another one that requires no sign up.
http://www.rapidshare.de

Max. 100 MB per file unlimited downloads on the files.
I have noticed that if the files are not used often they get removed.

#3 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:20 PM

You Send It

No sign up required; you enter the recipient's email address, pick the file, (and, if you want to, put in your email address and a message), and click send! Once you upload the file, it will send an email to the address you put in, with the link for the download. And it works for files up to 1 gig! :thumbsup:

The link will expire after seven days or 25 downloads, whichever comes first. I like it because its easy, and there is no sign up needed!! :flowers:

#4 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:36 AM

WOW

Thanx for the tips guys. This will easily help me move files from my home computer to my box at NCSU

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:16 PM

Or, you could get a gMail account and email it to yourself. I've got invites if you need one (PM me your email address - DON'T POST IT). It's got 1 gB of storage.

I've had problems with Dropload, but I was able to talk a complete newbie through YouSendIt (on IM) so they could send me a 98 mB file for me to try and recover.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users