Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems after reinstalling Windows

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 VVC

VVC

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:42 PM

Hello. I started out here with problems with the google redirector malware bug. I was advised to try a fresh installation of windows so I did so. Now things are much worse than before. I cannot connect to the internet at all on this computer. It does not appear to be a problem with my connection either as I am posting this from a computer using the same connection. From what I can gather, it appears to be an issue with a network card driver, whatever that is.

The screen resolution is also stuck at 640x480 (or thereabouts) and 16-colors. No other options are available. Again, the troubleshooter suggests a driver issue and asks to connect to internet to find the proper update, but the aforementioned inability to connect to the 'net makes this impossible. Windows also asks me to make sure the correct monitor is selected, but the model is a Gateway Profile 5.5 and the monitor is built-in so I don't really know how it's connected.

I assume all info needed to figure the specs out is available in the thread I linked to, but if not, I'll look up whatever y'all need to know. Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:34 PM

Sounds like you need to reinstall all drivers.

Summary Info Re Drivers

Profile 5.5 Drivers

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users