Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

reply emails no longer chronolical-but under expand box

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MaryLeahClark

MaryLeahClark

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:33 AM

I usually am able to sort my email chronologically, so that the latest emails are on top.

But now if an email comes in that was a response or reply to an older mail it is automatically filed under the original email. A little white box is created that has a blue plus sign. If I expand that blue+ sign I can find the responses and replies.

A problem Here is an example: I will go to recieve email and I will be told that I am recieivng 3 emails, but none are visible, so I have to go looking thru the boxes. Some of my emails could have 20 different reply emails, and they could be from months ago. this is causing me to miss or overlook emails.

Is this a result of an update or have I changed a default?

Thanks for help.

Mary

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MaryLeahClark

MaryLeahClark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

I found the answer

Go to : View> Current View> and make sure “ group messages by current conversation” and make sure this is not checked !”

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,751 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

Thank you for letting us know how you were able to resolve your own issue. :thumbup2: This may help others in the future.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users