Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Want to duplicate files in both My Documents locations

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 redoak

redoak

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:24 AM

I have a complete set of folders/files in MY Docs under "CGS," the user, which is me. However, the Documents folder under Libraries is empty. How do I go about putting the folders/files in both places? I am a desperate "newbee" with Ws7. I would have no trouble "navigating" in "XP!"
I have attached a screen shot to help clarify to what I am referring.Attached File  My Docs question for TSG, etc..png   40.24KB   2 downloads
Thanks

Edited by redoak, 22 December 2010 - 09:26 AM.

I am 81 years "young" and enjoying becoming computer "savvy." Need help from sites like this from time to time. Thanks to the folks who provide the assistance to those of us in need.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:54 AM

In the left pane, right-click the Documents Library > Properties > Include a folder

This will allow you to include any folder you wish in your Documents Library.

A Library is not another copy of a file/folder, but a collection of ones you include in that Library. See here.

Note that the Documents Library is different from the regular Documents folder, as you can include anything in the Library but actually have to move/copy something into your Documents for it to show up there.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 redoak

redoak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:11 AM

Thanks for the response and clarification. I am going to leave "libraries" alone for now!

{redoak}
I am 81 years "young" and enjoying becoming computer "savvy." Need help from sites like this from time to time. Thanks to the folks who provide the assistance to those of us in need.

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:45 AM

No problem! :thumbup2:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web