Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installed Audio drivers but not showing up in audio devices

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andru

andru

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:43 AM

Hey guys,

I always come here for my problems you guys are always good help so thanks in advance,
(Computer specs at the bottom)
My problem is that i had to reinstall windows xp pro so i had to reinstall all my drivers, for some reason it is not
detecting any of my audio drivers

when reinstalling i wanted to make sure none of my files where deleted so i made a new windows under the name Windows1
And renamed my old windows "old windows". Hope this is not the reason.

I have installed all three of my audio drivers and not one is showing in my audio devices.
I have researched this all last night and all of today and yet to resolve this problem.

The three devices are AC'97, ATI HDMI, Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi
I have Windows audio in service.msc on auto and running
I have all the right drivers
There is None of my devices showing in my Device manger under Sound Video and game controllers it just says

Audio Codecs, Legacy audio drivers, Legacy Video capture devices, Media control devices, Video codecs.

Under other devices i have two unknown one being SM bus Controller Everest saying PCI Device ATI SB700 - SMBus Controller
other one is unkown. Everest is also showing that i have The sound blaster device there and my HD audio controller there but not my onboard AC'79 sound card

I have tried every basic fix i no of Checked bios and all seems to be enabled and set to HDMI output.
Other drivers seem to e installed and working.

Appreciate any help i can get sorry for the long read a made basic info bold for a quick read
Thanks

Specs:

Windows XP professional
M3a78 Pro
AMD Phenom™ 9950 Quad-Core Processor (OC 3.1ghz)
Corsair Dominator CM2X2048-8500C5DATI 2g (5-5-5-15)
Radeon HD 4670 Video Adapter (Hooked to 32" LCD TV)
Creative Sound Blaster X-fi
Realtek RTL8168C/8111C PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

Edited by andru, 22 December 2010 - 02:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 andru

andru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:01 AM

Just Updated and flashed bios still not working

#3 andru

andru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:10 AM

Just resolved this issue under system devices.. in Device manger it had 3 pci devices with a yellow question mark i just let windows re-install them
and everything is working fine

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:40 AM

Thanks for posting your resolution...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users