Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd Drives Don't Work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Honky

Honky

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:19 AM

I've recently reintsalled Windows on my computer and reintalled my games.
However the games don't work.
The installations are successful however when running the games it comes up with the message "Please insert correct CD into Cd drive"
I have 2 CD drives: a normal cd drive
and a dvd rom drive
Ive tried both drivers and reinstalled the games but with no sucess.
Any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 06 December 2005 - 07:23 PM

Dear Honky,

When you reinstalled windows did you notice if you CD/DVD drive were installed? This is when you first startup your computer.

If you run XP your drives should have come online when you reinstalled. Check your BIOS to see if your system recognizes the CD/DVD drives or maybe the main drive plug attached to your mother drive has come loose.

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#3 Honky

Honky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:36 AM

Checked BIOS, detects drivers.
But that wouldn't be the problem cause the game is already installed, thus the computer recognising the CD's.
By the Way, the game is an "EA" (Electronic Arts) product, I've heard they have really bad CD recognition in their games.

If EA is the problem, would reintalling Windows/drivers fix the problem. Reinstallin the game won't work, already tried.

thanks anyway junkdk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users